The Crow, The Owl and The Dove CDS & video contest

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005

The next Nightwish single release from Imaginaerum "The Crow, The Owl and The Dove Maxi-CD" will be out on March 02. 2011 in Europe.

A very nice surprise revealed on the German Emp.de webshop is the bonus track on the Maxi-CD which most Nightwish fans have been waiting for a really looong time: "The Heart Asks Pleasure First", the Nightwish-cover of this famous and beautiful melody from the triple Oscar-winning movie "The Piano" by Jane Campion.

So, if you can't wait, the Maxi-CD is available for pre-order at these EMP webshops already. emp.de, emp.fi and emp-online.co.uk
but I'm quite sure it'll be available in other locations like at the official nightwish-shop soon.

Thanks Enigma, I will buy the maxiCD single, but from Emp. Not too happy with the services of Nightwish shop as of late...

You can leave EMP to the Germans who only need to pay domestic postage fee for their shippings. :p I'm quite sure you'll be able to purchase the Maxi-CD from several Finnish stores when it'll be our or (pre)order it from other webshops like recordshopx.com after the band has announced it officially.

Was having a dumb moment there, yes I'm sure I'll be able to buy it from a store as well. So used to buying everything online these days, that you forget that you can walk out the front door and there's Anttila around the corner... Sorry for spamming, just having a bit of fun here ;)

Rather than start a new post, I'll just bump up this one.

For those of you who haven't seen the news on the OSA site or the OSA Facebook, there is a contest on the band's YouTube channel to create your own video for "The Crow, the Owl, and the Dove"! The grand-prize winner gets their video shown on the band's and Nuclear Blast's official YouTube channels, receives "golden tickets" to any show of their choosing on the Imaginaerum tour (excluding festivals, and winner must provide their own transportation), as well as a "special award" and a meet-and-greet with the band. There are also prizes for runner-up and third-place too.

And while creativity is important, popularity also goes a long way, because the most-viewed video will be the winner! So if any of you out there have a video, be sure to link it here so the OSAers can give it a look and help your numbers rise! The deadline to submit your entry is April 10th. So get going!

Here is the link for further info:
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/lp/nightwish-video-contest.html

Good luck, everyone!

Some NW fans already uploaded their videos!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydMTlFyLOBo&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMS4A6LfVRY&feature=related[/ame]

Those are all I managed to find- sorry if I missed some :(
Can we vote? Or it all depends on Nuclear Blast? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^Whenever a video is viewed, it counts as a "vote". So the most-viewed video will be the winner! If you have a favorite in particular, use this thread to mention it here so we can help raise their numbers!

Personally, I'm not too wild about the idea of "most viewed" being the winner, because "most viewed" doesn't always mean "most creative", as some of us saw when Lacuna Coil had a similar contest several years ago. Someone at the WT forum had a very creative video, but didn't win; while the most popular video wasn't that good at all. I think what happens is that some people go in to see the video so they can see for themselves how bad it might be, but that counts as a vote, so it doesn't matter if people are watching it because they think it's good or bad. I think the "Like/Dislike" feature should be part of the contest too; the most viewed video with the most Likes should be the winner.

But I'm not the one conducting the contest, so what the hell do I know? ;) :lol:

So far, looking at the videos...the first one was interesting, but the camera work was too shaky. The second one was nothing different than the countless covers that we see on YouTube. The third one was getting my vote so far, until the wrong lyric scrolled across the screen (c'mon folks, Nuclear Blast even had the link to the lyrics so sh*t like this could be avoided)! :lol: And then the last one just looked like shameless self-promotion ("ooh, look how much Nightwish stuff I have!").

I don't mean to get all Simon Cowell on these folks; they have a hell of a lot more creativity than I do, but these are just my honest opinions. If I was voting today, on just these 4 videos, #3 is the best of them.

(*These are the views of C. and do not represent those of Oceansouls of America.*)

Back to our regularly scheduled program. :lol:

^It's actually being chosen by the band & management now, while keeping the views in mind. So, it's a bit more fair, yeah.

I really like the 1st one.. it's very interesting.. Watch it via YouTube and you'll see in the description that it was made with a phone camera and a bunch of toys. I find this interesting- it brings to the effect and the feelings of the song.. priceless. :D

The second one.. he has talent, but he won't win.. It would be nice if Tuomas takes a look at it tho. I bet he won't be disappointed :D

I like the third one, too, but the lyrics mistake.. :lol:
The last one is nothing special.

For now I want the first one to win, but let's check if there are some other vids uploaded :D

Edit: There ARE some more out there, but personally I like that 1st vid, that I posted here..

I'm hoping to make a video, but I'll be hand drawing the whole thing and then piecing it together via adobe, which I don't really get along with... >_> If it works, which it probably won't :cry: it should be nice. ...I wonder if they'll accept team entries, where the heck is Calinn? She draws better than I do. :lol: I'll probably just take advantage of the fact that it's a ballad and buff it up with some Nature scenes :tickled: I'm better at landscapes than people.

Yeah, try to do it and post it here! Don't worry- even if you don't win, you'll know that you've tried, which is something :)

Yes, everyone deserves a round of applause for effort! The fact that people did it at all is far more than I could ever do. Thing is, I get ideas in my head all the time for how I'd like videos to look, or how I would imagine them to be, but I don't have the creative means to make it happen. So I have nothing but respect for those who are skilled enough to create anything like this.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can make it work. :guh: I'm going to have my tech-savvy Dad come over to give me a crash coarse in adobe soon. :lol: That will help, after that it'll be a matter of whether or not I can draw everything properly and in time. :yow: It will be a while before it's up. Tomorrow it's off to the art supply store to grab some better pencils to sketch everything and a ton of gum erasers. :ill: Then I'll get to work and start praying to every deity I can think of. I have the storyboard and everything taken care of, and I have so practice sketches for the locations an such... It's the damned people who worry me, I suck at people... They all look like this. -> :zombie:

Yep, but can you imagine your life without YouTube :lol:? Lucky you if you can- I can't :erk::lol:

However, I have no idea where to ask this, so sorry if it's not the right thread..
What's the meaning of that part Marco's singing?
Gar tuht river
Ger te rheged
Is it in Swedish?