The Crow, The Owl and The Dove CDS & video contest

I've just got around to watching a few of the entries to be honest. I didn't want to watch them while the contest was still up because I knew I'd be overly critical with all the entries and then feel bad. I am still overly critical and I still feel bad about that because hey, at least people are trying to use their creative talents and have fun, but noooooo, I just have to look at it from my design perspective and pull it apart. Stupid brain.

Actually I quite enjoyed the video by KahviProject. It's a nice concept and fairly good execution too, though of course one cannot expect perfection. It's actually similar to a concept I see in my head when listening to the song, maybe that's why I like it?

Oh definitely. While I may be nitpicky in certain regards, these people should be congratulated for going through with all of this. It takes skills, patience, talent and even some degree of courage, to put your work out in the open like that. :)

The one that won was so sad at the end :cry: but I think that is more or less what the song is actually supposed to mean. The three birds are around the 13 hour clock which is representing the man's life in the movie and the hands are nearly at the top. The three people playing the central character; the boy, Tuomas and the old man, represent the three bird sections of the clock; the crow, the owl and the dove. And then the swan which distinct from the other birds because it is "of light " will be what happens when the hands reach the top of the clock and the character dies at the end of the movie. (At least I'm guessing.) That's why the swan is not in the title. In that video the swan is like an angel version of the person or the person turns into a swan (like the famous story) .... ramble...

See, I have no idea about the concept of the movie, and I was hoping a little that the video would *not* be anything like the movie. That it would be the person's own interpretation of the song, created from their own imagination. It was clear from the "Storytime" video that any videos for this album would just be "mini-trailers" for the movie, so I thought when they announced this contest that at least we'd have a chance for one of the videos not to be like that. I'm not dissing the video because I *still* haven't seen it yet, but if this is the case, I'm a little more disappointed that something more unique was not chosen.