OSA Contest: "Enter the Scaretale"

If you want to; I really didn't think about sleeve stuff at the time. :lol: I knew you guys could get creative, but I wasn't sure how much! :D

Yes, a few people asked me about extending the deadline due to this upcoming holiday and not being around, or having more time available to work on their designs. So hopefully everyone out there who has wanted to submit something will do so, as they now have more time to do it.

I can't wait to see your design, and I'm sure it's anything but crappy. :)

^ Yeah, I'm cursed. :lol: The same shit is happening now that happened back in March. Grandma having to go to the hospital then the home, my work schedule is out to get me... Blah. :lol: The extra time will be a big help.

OK everyone, here's another entry from one of our forum members, Angel of Grief! Fantastic job! Good luck!!!
tu.gif

Front design:
adrianfront.jpg

Back design:
adrianback.jpg

Btw, Domenik's entry is back up on the site for everyone to see; some alterations had to be made so her picture was taken down so she could make the necessary changes. Thanks for your patience!

I realize this is incredibly short notice, but does it need to say "imaginareum north american tour 2012 or can it say "Nightwish north american tour 2012" and have imaginaerum written elsewhere? My health has been shit this month so I just threw a crappy design together at the last minute. :lol:

As long as the tour dates are on there, you can either put "North American tour" or "Imaginaerum tour"; so long as "Enter the Scaretale" is written somewhere on the design. :lol: You can also add on the tour dates in Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Costa Rica; as technically they are in North America. But that's totally optional, since those dates were announced after this contest started.

Oh, and it's not last-minute just yet...you have until 9 p.m. Pacific time tomorrow night to get your entries submitted. Once the entry phase has ended, the polls will open and the voting round will begin!

Sorry to hear about your health problems; your participation is much appreciated. I hope you are feeling better soon. How are things going with your grandpa, btw?

Good luck! :D I can't wait to see your design!

(Edited to mention the final deadline.)

^ He had an mri and is waiting for the results. Grandma is feeling better also, thanks. :) So yeah, my design is crap, but good for a giggle at least. :lol: I just scribbled down a quick Anette chibi and pulled it out of my ass. :lol: but I'll enter it anyway, meh. So... Err, how do I submit my entry again? :lol: Battling low blood sugar, sorry, my brain isn't really with me.

... Well, it's sent. :lol: I revamped the back a bit to include the crystal ball image from the film, I'm assuming that's alright since one of the other designs has an actual image from the storytime video, right? :confused: Too late now. :lol:

That's right, your grandma was not feeling well either (I don't know why I forgot to put "grandma and grandpa"!). I'm glad to hear both are doing OK, but sorry to hear about your own health problems. Hopefully the chance of winning a prize will make you feel better. ;)

I got your entry; I'm just working on resizing the picture so it can fit in the gallery window. It's a very cute design!

Btw, I did e-mail you this question, but what did you want to be called when I put the entry up online? Should I use your screenname or your real name? And what's your location (city/state)? I can always just say "from the U.S.", but I thought maybe you'd want to say specifically which part of the U.S. that is. :D

If I really get to pick say: Redneckville Pennsylvania. :lol: For the technical location I mailed you.

My entry wasn't finished but I mailed it anyway

[edit - I think I am doing this wrong, I can't seem to log into the site (but I emailed my entry to C) hope that is ok]

ACK! :yow: I just realized the dates on the right side of the back design aren't completely straight. :lol: They must've been knocked off-center when I fixed the other side, I was in such a rush I didn't double check. :err: I doubt mine will be picked anyway, but on the odd chance it is I'll send you a copy of the back that's been lined up properly. :lol: Dammit all...

Jadelion: I got your design, and it did arrive on time!

We got 2 new entries before the deadline ended, and here they are!

This one is from Jadelion...

etsjadelion.jpg

...And this one is from Hannah & Alex of Tuscon, AZ...

etshannahalex.jpg

The entry phase of the contest is officially over; good luck to our contestants! The polls are now open on Facebook and on the OSA site, and they will soon be open on the forum. The fate of your designs are now in the hands of your fellow Oceansouls...good luck to everyone and thank you for your participation!!!

Can I put the rest of my design up because it was more the voodoo Cirque De Morgue characters which were the design, rather than that other thing which is the layout which I didn't have time to finish.

img4314r.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img43193.jpg
img43123.jpg
img4321v.jpg

The idea was supposed to be you can customize the shirt by putting pins or charms on the characters but since I thought that was a bit insulting I made it a Cirque De Morgue shirt with the characters from the film rather than a Nightwish shirt with the bandmembers. Plus it goes with "Enter the Scaretale" because the Circus sequence is supposed to be for that song.

In the layout the two crosses stand for the crossroads that separate the real world and the supernatural world to go with the idea of "entering" somewhere.

The symbols on either side are for calling up voodoo spirits/Loa. The two at the side are guardians of the cross roads and the one at the top is La Sirene/Yemaja goddess of the sea, (to go with the mermaids in the film and the Oceansouls of America etc)

The circle is for wholeness because you don't want it to be you know, evil and the "cirque" of cirque de Morgue.

The wording for Oceansouls of America or Nightwish North American Tour etc is going to have to go on the back, sorry I haven't done an example of that (arg) - I know this isn't a very good entry......:(