OSA presents: An Interview With Nightwish!

Hi everyone. :wave:

The wait is over, and our "huge" announcement that we've been hinting at for months is now here! Without further ado...

Oceansouls of America, the North American Nightwish fan club---in partnership with Roadrunner Records, and in association with Sonic Cathedral---proudly presents: An Interview With Nightwish!

Kicking off the Imaginaerum World Tour in Los Angeles on January 21st, Oceansouls of America (OSA) will be conducting an interview with members of Nightwish; our first-ever interview with members of the band! But we do not want to keep all the excitement to ourselves; we at OSA want to include you, the Nightwish fans!

This interview is not only one-on-one between OSA and the bandmembers, but we have chosen to make this interview "fan-interactive" as well. We will be accepting fan-submitted questions from Nightwish fans not only in North America, but all over the world, so that you can have your chance to ask a bandmember a question of your own. Take part in our interview not just by reading it, but actually becoming an active participant!

You may send in a total of two questions per e-mail address/username, but due to time constraints, we cannot guarantee that every question will be included in the interview, so think hard and be creative! The only "rules" we have in regards to criteria is:
1) No "marriage proposals" (i.e., personal questions)!
2) No "old-era" questions (i.e., questions about former bandmembers)! Questions of this nature will be disregarded.

The deadline for submissions is January 15th, 2012; so you have plenty of time to think up something good! Submissions are not accepted on a "first come, first serve" basis, so you can take your time to think of a question before sending it along. Any questions submitted after the deadline of January 15th will not be accepted or used in the interview, so if you send only one question and decide to send along another at a later time, you must send it in before or on January 15th, or the question(s) you submitted previously will be counted as your fan-submitted inquiry. We will try our best to include as many fan-submitted questions as possible!

Send in your interview questions through the Contact OSA form at the OSA site, under the topic heading: "Nightwish Interview" (members of OSA site/forum, please include the word "Oceansouls" in parentheses within the topic heading; so it would read: "Nightwish Interview (Oceansouls)" for OSA member-submitted questions).

When sending in your inquiries, be sure include the following:
1) Your name (or forum username)/e-mail address, as well as your location (city/state/country).
2) If you are part of a Nightwish fan club/fansite other than OSA (or sending your questions on behalf of a fan club/fansite besides OSA), be certain to mention this so we can give your community a special "shout-out" during the interview!
3) Make sure to specify, if necessary, whether or not your question is directed in particular at certain bandmembers.
4) If your question involves asking when/where Nightwish will play a certain locale during the Imaginaerum tour, please check their tour schedule first before sending your question to verify whether or not the band will be playing in your area.

Visit the Oceansouls of America site to contact us and get your fan-submitted questions for the interview sent in ASAP! This message is available in The Forever Moments section of the OSA site, and use Contact OSA to submit your question.

We look forward to helping getting as many of your questions answered as we can! Let's work together to make this the best interview possible! Good luck!

Thanks for your participation!
The OSA Council

That's great news, congratulations! Guess who'd love to be a fly on the wall at that interview??
It's about time that OSA got an interview with NW!

So you mean I can't ask Emppu to marry me? Darn! LOL

Will you announce in beforehand the questions that have been selected, or will all be revealed when you publish the interview on the forum?

I think it's best to not say beforehand what questions will be used, as there are time restrictions to the interview, and we would hate to run out of time and not be able to use all the questions, so we don't want to get anyone's hopes up, and then disappoint them by having to say "we didn't have enough time to get your question in". And of course, we want to maintain the element of surprise; if people knew ahead of time whether or not their question would be used, it wouldn't give them much of an incentive to read the interview! ;)

Oh yes, it still would give me an incentive to read the interview, and I think a lot of fans would still want to check what the band/bandmember answered, even if it wasn't his or her question that got submitted.
I can't wait to read the interview. And it's over a month to go...

How exciting! I'll have to think long and hard on this. Like me, I am sure other people have thought about this before, but of course now that I have the opportunity to possibly get one of my questions answered, my mind is blank.

That is a big announcement....

I've tried to think of some questions but everything I think of is a bit silly, for example if the band's characters in the film are called Ann, Marcus, Emil, Jack, Tom etc what's their band called? I didn't see it anywhere, it can't be going to be Nightwish.

I will try and think of something a bit more sensible

That is a big announcement....

I've tried to think of some questions but everything I think of is a bit silly, for example if the band's characters in the film are called Ann, Marcus, Emil, Jack, Tom etc what's their band called? I didn't see it anywhere, it can't be going to be Nightwish.

I will try and think of something a bit more sensible

Knightwish! :tickled: Like my Wonderland character that I can't log in because my internet sucks. :bah:
Personally, I have always wondered when people first started calling Emppu by that name? And why he stuck with it as his professional name that the whole world knows him by? Does he dislike his real name perhaps? <- Not my submission. :lol: Well, not yet anyway, since someone might know anyway.
Also, C..., Could you elaborate on personal questions please? Is it just "Marry me?" ie. Nonsense? Or would my name question count as personal if I were to submit it? (Though I hope to think of something bettter :p )

I realize I probably should have made it more specific, but basically no personal questions that would hinder on their privacy or that would be considered disrespectful. Like asking Tuomas about his love life (i.e., if he's gay, or if not, who his girlfriend is, etc.). Or asking the other bandmembers questions about their kids or spouses. Basically, if it's a question you wouldn't want someone to ask you, then it's "personal". Luckily, I haven't encountered any like this yet! (Whew!)

The one you suggested, I don't think is personal, because from what some of the Finns at this forum and the old one have told me, "Emppu" is a common nickname for "Erno" (like "Jack" to "John", or "Bill" to "William", etc.). And the question about the bandmemeber name change is also not personal, but I do think they answered the reason to that somewhere else already. It still wouldn't hurt to ask, or get a clearer answer on it.

from what some of the Finns at this forum and the old one have told me, "Emppu" is a common nickname for "Erno" (like "Jack" to "John", or "Bill" to "William", etc.).

:D See? I knew it'd be a waste to make that my actual question. And that's so simple, :oops: I figured it'd be a poke at him for being tiny or a reference to his personality or something! Kind of a let down really... :err:

:err: Kind of a short name to have a short form. :lol: That's why I always thought it must be something else... All the more incentive to get off my ass and learn Finnish. Just been saving my pennies to fix this damned computer. Ever try any language software to learn something? Rosetta Stone costs an arm a leg and a flippin' spleen, and they don't have Finnish anyway... I found something called "eurotalk." Much cheaper, but I'm not sure if it's as good... I am however, sure that it's off topic. :loco: Sorry.

Do I have to submit both questions at once? or can I submit one now and another when I think of it?

And awesome! I'll have to spend some time hanging out in there.