OSA presents: An Interview With Nightwish!

Do you have to be logged in to OSA to submit the questions? or just list your screen name? It won't let me log in for some reason. I even reset my password, and it won't log me in.

No, just click on the "Contact OSA" tab in the main menu at the OSA site. You don't need to be logged in or a member of the site. Just fill out the form, it forwards it to my OSA e-mail address, and that's it.

Considering how many folks have sent in questions, the feature is working; but if you still have troubles, just send me a PM here, and I'll forward you the e-mail address.

Also, as written in the FAQ on the OSA site, creating a username/password at UltimateMetal is different from creating a username/password at the OSA site. So if you're using your UltimateMetal name/password to log onto the OSA site, it won't work (and vice-versa)!

Well I tried to submit my bad questions. :loco: I hope it worked. And my name and pass are actually the same for both. :tickled: Just the caps are different. Not smart usually, but I figured no one would hack my OSA account, so what the hell. I did it so I wouldn't forget and have trouble logging in. :bah: Of course, we all see how well it worked...

Great! :D I hope they're alright. If that one for Emppu get's selected for use don't let him weasel out of it like he does his Nightmail. I'll come kick your butt. :loco:

Thank you for this opportunity & hope you have a great time with the interview (can't wait for it) and the concert!

Cool. we are going to have a good ol' time. I think anything I wanted to ask would probably be asked by other, or too politically incorrect for the band to answer. So, I kept the lips zipped.

Well, the interview has been a success and we had a fantastic time.

Now that it is over, I am at liberties to speak more of certain things. For one, I did not know until, literally, the last minute who in the band I would be doing an interview with. This was why I wrote in the announcement "members of Nightwish". We didn't know if we would get one person or a couple of the bandmembers. All we were told was that it would be impossible that day to get them all together at once (which makes sense). So imagine what a pleasant surprise when we got Tuomas in a room, alone, all to ourselves!
free-cute-smileys-273.gif

Without any further ado, I just finished putting up the interview, so have fun and enjoy! Everyone sent in such great questions, my only regret is that we didn't have time for nearly all of them. But this seemed to go very well, so you never know...maybe you'll have your chance some other time. ;) But we got to find out a lot of interesting things about the album, the tour, and Tuomas' bond with the U.S.

I'm hoping that Desi will share her "off the record" question that Tuomas answered for her after the interview was technically over. ;)

Tuomas interview.

Congrats and big Thanks for the interview C. ! I'm glad that after all the uncertainties everything ended well and you even got to do it with Tuomas himself. :)

Congratulations, C. You did OSA proud. :worship:notworthy:worship:

That said, I have a feeling that they want to get as far away from the Tarja era as possible. It is sad that they do not want to do "Wishmaster" anymore. :cry:

Great job on the interview!! Kiitos! Good variety of Q's.

At first i was surprised by his honest humility and great sense of humor-- not what I'd expect from a rockstar--
Then i remembered he's a Finn... (shyness must be hereditary-- we're actually fun people once you get past it <?>)

I still haven't forgiven Tarja for not wanting to play North America because "the venues are too small". Dollars notwithstanding, most big bands prefer small intimate clubs to stadiums any nite. Maybe she cared more about the money than the music? seems to me she held NW back from a huge potential fanbase, which Imaginaerum should attract... i still have 4 of its melodies swirling in my head 4 days later :loco:

At Key Club i could see how the fans affected the band, nice to hear it from Tuomas... i'm glad he enjoyed the show too :)

C. : Kiitos ja taaksa for the interview

"you're gonna see 6 clowns onstage, that's for sure!" :)