The Crown call it quits!

Edgecrusher

God To The Godless
Nov 3, 2002
Cincinnati
www.cd-tracker.com
Apparently they weren't making enough money on the tours due to bad management, etc. This is very disappointing as after 6 incredible albums they were becoming living legends. The re-recorded version of 'Crowned In Terror' will be still be released though.

So if we could, let's all have a moment of silence.....

When Chuck Schuldiner died, I gave a moment of a silence for Death. But, The Crown? Pfft, no. They were decent, but nothing to pee your pants over.

The metal industry is in a sad state when a band that can tour, and sell a decent number of records cant make it. I blame lawyers, tour managers, and the record companies. There is no reason a band shouldnt make some money on the road as long as they are playing half full venues.

I'm not bothered. I don't really think they had it in them to write anything else interesting; Possessed 13 was simply boring, and definately a step back in progress from Crowned In Terror, which, coincidentally, really doesn't need re-recorded. As much as I don't like Lindberg's vocals, he was perfect for that album.

The Crown is one of my favorite bands! :(
I was really hoping that they would tour the states to support Possessed 13, and it seemed like they were back on track with Johan back in the band. Why-O-Why couldn't it have been news of In Flames breaking up gracing the pages of blabbermouth instead? :p

:cry::cry::cry: