The Crown.......Rework "Crowned In Terror"....Into "Crowned UnHoly"....!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
THE CROWN Get 'Unholy' On Upcoming CD

Swedish thrashers THE CROWN have set "Crowned Unholy" as the title of the reworked version of the "Crowned In Terror" album, tentatively due later in the year through Metal Blade Records. The new CD will feature returning frontman Johan Lindstrand in place of Tomas Lindberg (ex-AT THE GATES), who was responsible for the vocal tracks on the original 2002 release. "There are also new bass tracks recorded, sound replaced drums and the whole thing is also totally remixed with a whole new sound in Bohus Sound Recordings," bassist Magnus Olsfelt writes on the band's web site. "We are still waiting to master it (sometime in February), but you can already tell it's gonna be FAT!"

From BlabberMouth.Net

alphacorvus said:
It's not like the CD was recorded in '85, or had a bad mix -- just to see what it'll sound like with Lindstrand? -- This is a cool CD, my second fav over Possesed 13... Keep it the same, and make a new CD instead...

Insania said:
It's not like the CD was recorded in '85, or had a bad mix -- just to see what it'll sound like with Lindstrand? -- This is a cool CD, my second fav over Possesed 13... Keep it the same, and make a new CD instead...
Disagree with you both..........I think this is ground breaking.......you still have the original, get the new vocalist on the previous album, with some extra production thrown in........92%......of the work already done, the singer sings in the studio, no writing envolved, no pre-production, its already on digital tape, very little studio time, then you have a new product, with very little money spent, and if they were just going to do another album, it would take alot more time, just writing it, & recording it.

Think about Arch Enemy........having another Burning Bridges.....with Angela

Another...... Haunted Made Me Do It ...........with Dolving

Just to name 2 examples.........

Lykorian said:
Try to edit or revise history is pretty weak. They should just move on instead of making their fans buy two versions of the same material. Put all that passion into new material.
They are not asking you to buy it.......they are not making you buy....its a personal choice.........:confused:

This was pretty much done w/ some other album before. Andromeda's first one...when they replaced the session vocalist...

I get used to the original song, and then I hear another make and I almost always don't like it. Can't figure out why.

So, with some new bass tracks, and some drum mods, but with most of the original work, I can see the effort is less compared to another disc -- it makes business sense, but it's like compilations, best of's, DVDs, and live discs -- I usually shy away from these and stick with the originals.

FSSD is different, though, the whole dis was a re-work but I fuckin' love it. Go figure...

I think the main reason for the re-recording of "Crowned In Terror" was that is a request from Metal Blade. And since the band got a lot of money to spend on P13 they thought "why not?". So they did, and now they got their entire catalog with Lindstrand doing the vocals.