The Crusher

Patric

Nov 1, 2001
Disneyland
What the hell, this seems to be the MOST underrated album I've heard of. How come so many fans seems to piss on this blastin' tank of Swedish testosterone? It's got the grooves and brutality man, the CD that shows Amon in their most Deathy parts. Listen to Masters of War for example, that song makes my balls shrink mouse-size!

It's just my least favorite AA-disc. Kinda boring songs (some of 'em...there are some real asskickers though - like The Sound of Eight Hooves, Bastards of a Lying Breed, A Fury Divine), quite static drumming, it's just not as good as the other AA discs all in all. ;)

Ahhhh....the Crusher...Mhhh....
A nice piece of AA, but not the best. Sheer brutality, but no spirit which makes Vs the World and Once sent to the real killers....at least for me:)

@Spaffe: even if it stands in another threat, what the fuck is a nuclear family????? sounds contaminated:D

Originally posted by Aggressor
You really got it today Spaffe, first the nuclear family thing and now this ;)
hehe :D

Eisbär:
hehe yes it sounds very strange but a nuclear family is the conventional type of family; mum, dad, children,
not mum, mum and children ;)
or perhaps a ukrainian family who lived in the wrong place back in 1986 :p

Personally I have always held Avenger to be AA's weakest album. I think the first three tracks are undeniably excellent. However, the album is so short that having only two of the other four- in my opinion god his son and holy whore and legend of a banished man be really worthwhile tracks makes a good album, but not on par with the other AA release...once sent is still my favorite.

Ever since i first herd the crusher it was my favorite album! sure theres a couple boring songs on there but for the songs that arent so, they were some of Amon Amarths best work. the solos were outstanding compared to others (like in A fury Divine and releasing surturs fire)...
and by the way, what happened to all the solos??? i dont recall any on versus the world?? maybe 1 or 2??? and on the song vs the world it just slows down and plays the riff over and over, i thought it was gonna turn to a bad ass solo or something???? not that it doesnt sound good but i think there should have been some real solos...

I think its that horrible, horrible cover... probably the lamest AA album title too... and its more death, less viking war metal... so even though the album utterly destroys ass, its just not the best AA.

Originally posted by Thorlock
It's just my least favorite AA-disc. Kinda boring songs (some of 'em...there are some real asskickers though - like The Sound of Eight Hooves, Bastards of a Lying Breed, A Fury Divine), quite static drumming, it's just not as good as the other AA discs all in all. ;)

In full agreement here, its definitly not as varied as most of the other AA discs, has some killer tracks though, AA classiscs for sure!

Originally posted by Aggressor
Haha, as Spaffe said, he looks like the Manowar barbarian :p

Whats sad... is I think it is the Manowar barbarian... oh well, we got Viking-as-shit-cover for Vs. the World, but we all know that every Amon Amarth album is a fine example of metal kickass, and the Crusher is simply just not the finest example.:)

@Axxesof sadness. I agree with you man.!!! WTF happened to the solos???.And also the album in general is kind of weak.
Anyway. I can't wait for them to be here next month in L.A.

yeah, also all the songs have almost the same pace to them. theres nothing realy that has a faster pace like they used to like in releasin surturs fire or friends of the suncross etc... theres Down the slopes of death but thats not quite the speed they used to have. most all the songs on there are realy Mid paced... sure the songs are good and all but they gotta pick up the pace a little on the next album and bring back the solos... or some more hammer-on stuff like on Death in fire... without it i think the album sounds kinda empty...