The Crusher

Ok, since meaningless posts have changed this to the "Amon Amarth fans fucking around" thread...

I concur:

SSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

(you would have to be into the 'obligatory' philadelphia metal concert joke slayer chants for that one... pissed off the broad from Tapping the Vein with that one heh heh..., man they sucked)

Originally posted by LunarTower
Im with him... You cant be a metalhead and hate solos... their simply one of the most important parts of metal, and their awesome live, give the shows some wildness...

Tom is obviously not much of a Heavy/Power/Thrash fan then... the only genres of metal that dont have solos alot are Grindcore and Brutaldeath... and that shit is a joke more often than not.

Can't understand that either. No solos = not metal.

BTW, brutal death has PLENTY of solos. Listen to Morbid Angel, Nile, Death, etc. Those were very guitar-driven bands with loads of ripping fast soloing.

The only metal genres that don't have solos are grindcore, metalcore, nu-metal and some necro black stuff. And I'm sure there are examples of all of those where soloing pops up.

*still shaking my head at the thought of no solos in metal*

Originally posted by markgugs
Can't understand that either. No solos = not metal.

BTW, brutal death has PLENTY of solos. Listen to Morbid Angel, Nile, Death, etc. Those were very guitar-driven bands with loads of ripping fast soloing.

The only metal genres that don't have solos are grindcore, metalcore, nu-metal and some necro black stuff. And I'm sure there are examples of all of those where soloing pops up.

*still shaking my head at the thought of no solos in metal*

...Thats not Brutal Death, by brutal death I mean... like: Cinerary, Disgorge (Mexican one, the one from CA may be brutal as fuck, but they atleast PLAY well), Mortician.. that sort of stuff... you know, Br00TAL GaRbage!!! :rolleyes: Stuff without intros, just one long assed song at 4000 rpm... *cough* Ill have my Amon Amarth now

By the way... your talking to a guy that owns more or less every release by Nile, Morbid Angel and Death... but my favorite Death metal bands are Obituary, Immolation, Bloodbath, Grave, Unleashed, Dismember, Behemoth, Theory in Practice, Sceptic, Necrophobic, Bolt Thrower, Defleshed... that sort of jazz. Not to mention all the Melodeath shtuff I like, Viking Death etc...

I gotto admit that I've never been that much of a solo lover...atleast not when it comes to deathmetal (and brutal deathmetal in particular. There are a few really cool solos in deathmetal though, especially by Doug Cerrito and Terrance Hobbs in SUFFOCATION). Sure, a good solo is always a plus - but it do NOT (atleast not in 99.9% of the cases) make a mediocre song GOOD or a good song AWESOME.

Although the situation is a bit different when it comes to thrash...take a guy like Alex Skolnick - his solos do make a good song awesome, and an awesome song FUCKING awesome. ;)
Or the solos in early Sepultura, or the Kreator solos, or Dark Angel blablalbla.

Anyway....solos are cool - but most often not decisive if a song is good or bad.

@ LunarTower: awesome with another Immolation fan...CLOSE TO A WORLD BELOW is such a friggin' amazing album!!

Im digging some tracks from the new Yattering cd (a polish, sickass DM band) they have a really... distinct sound, you would have to hear it... you can DL a high-res Mp3 of a song from their new album on www.metalreview.com, they weren't a very amazing band before this (compared to Decapitated, Vader, Behemoth, Dies Irae etc... from Poland) but... what a kickass new album! (metalreview.com also has a review of the new Yattering album, and funny enough- an interview with kitty where the whore says that Black & Death Metalheads go to Kitty concerts... Metalheads dont let Metalheads go to Mallcore concerts, everyone hear that? remember it.)

I suggest everyone does, and read the AA review, and my review of Vintersorg's "odemarkens son" in the minion opinion section

Originally posted by PaganBlood
Immolation kill! HERE IN AFTER a fucking killer album!
Who else here is a WORSHIPER OF MONSTROSITY????????????
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!! easily one of the worlds best Death Metal bands!

Yepp, but CLOSE TO A WORLD BELOW is even better than HERE IN AFTER imo. Take a track like Father, You're not a Father.....holy shit, it's truly a fucking masterpiece. And yeah...Monstrosity is an awesome band, I really like IMPERIAL DOOM and IN DARK PURITY.

@ LunarTower: Yattering rox...one of quite few really good polish bands (others? VADER, DECAPITATED, BEHEMOTH ofcorpse!!! ;) ).

Originally posted by Patric
Aye, Immolation are awesome. I preffer "Failures for Gods", though.

I had quite a hard time getting into Immo, but once I finally saw the light I was hooked...for life.
And yeah, Failures is an awesome album...although not as good as CtaWB. :p

I'd rank the ones I own like this:
1) Close to a World Below
2) Here in After
3) Failures for Gods
4) Unholy Cult

I rank Unholy Cult one, I think with every album they got better, so meh.

Unholy Cult is DARK as shit, it takes some time, but fuck man... what an album,

I would like Failures for Gods more (which is actually the catchiest IMMO album IMO heh...) if the drum sound was better

Immolation is definitely proof America can still make some of the best Death Metal there is.

Originally posted by LunarTower
I rank Unholy Cult one, I think with every album they got better, so meh.

Unholy Cult is DARK as shit, it takes some time, but fuck man... what an album,

I would like Failures for Gods more (which is actually the catchiest IMMO album IMO heh...) if the drum sound was better

Immolation is definitely proof America can still make some of the best Death Metal there is.

I got a bit dissapointed in Unholy Cult....It's definitely not as dark and sinister as Close to a World Below. Might get into it more in the future though...time will tell, time will tell. ;)

And yeah, IMMO is a living proof of that, but don't forget other bands like MALEVOLENT CREATION (probably my alltime favorite deathmetal band). And NILE, HATE ETERNAL and even later period MORBID ANGEL (I know many people hate these, but not me :D ).

I think Crusher is damn good. Bastards of Lying Breed, Masters of War, Releasing Surtur's Fire... all ass-kickers in the first degree.

And solos= good, but 3 or 4 minute drum solos (can we say Manowar?) = waste of time.

Originally posted by Brainkisser
I think Crusher is damn good. Bastards of Lying Breed, Masters of War, Releasing Surtur's Fire... all ass-kickers in the first degree.

And solos= good, but 3 or 4 minute drum solos (can we say Manowar?) = waste of time.

hehe yeah i joined one of my friends to go and watch them (manowar) when they were at the roskilde festival this summer, and one of the leather-clad men stood and played his silly solo for like 20 minutes zzz... we left soon after :)

Originally posted by Tomasz
I personally hate solos especiallyin during live performance, just my oppinion. You want solos, listen to Steve Vai or something ;) It's a BAND afterall.

if you DONT want solos, go listen to nu metal... or punk... or hardcore... or pretty much anything else.
yeah, its a band, a band with a guitarist who kicks ass! if the bassist kicks ass, bass solo! same with the drummer!
but i agree that if they last too long it gets really weak. especially drum solos.

speaking of bass solo, just what is wrong with Manowar??? not a goddamn thing, thats what! im watchin hell on earth right now!

someone said something similar of finntroll elsewhere - its a goddamned show! they go over the top purposefully! thats manowar!

the crusher is great dont get me wrong .... but shit the avenger is my fav and imho the best (other then vs the world so fucking good) album they have made. Well shit ... i like them all this is hard ...

AoD