The best 1 - 2 punch...

thornh

Mar 8, 2006
New Hampshire
So, we're all here on this forum because we're huge fans of Amon Amarth. And, currently, because we are patiently awaiting info on their new album. We have all been through the debates of favorite song, favorite album, etc. Well, to pass the time until we get new info, here's another semi-useless debate to have.

As we all know Amon Amarth albums have always opened with a ripper. A song, if you will, that makes you want to suit up and re-enact The Battle of Stamford Bridge or something (but win of course). So you're suited up, ready to decapitate the nearest lamp, when the the second song of the album starts. Do you follow through with your lamp destroying stroke or do your shoulders slump while you feebly utter "wtf is this bullcrap...".

It's too late to make this long story short, so I won't. My favorite AA song does not come from my favorite AA album. So, it follows, my favorite AA 1 - 2 punch also does not come from my favorite album. Luckily, I'm not running out of albums. Without further ado let the greatest debate this, well, this second in time, about AA songs begin!

The GREATEST Amon Amarth number 1 and 2 song combo of all time, according to me, is:

Bastards of a Lying Breed, Masters of War from The Crusher. :worship:

I'm with you on your pick, but I firmly believe that the two last tracks off Twilight of the Thunder God, Live For The Kill and Embrace of the Endless Ocean tops yours :)

Haha, you know what exactly went through my mind while reading your post?

That's it

(Though of course R.I.P. Corrie :()

Accurately can't hit my personal hit song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you on your pick, but I firmly believe that the two last tracks off Twilight of the Thunder God, Live For The Kill and Embrace of the Endless Ocean tops yours :)

I will certainly say Embrace of the Endless Ocean is my favorite "epic" AA song. Johan paints an incredible picture with his lyrics.

:cry: Still can't decide. I'm so weak. Most of their songs knock me out. Sometimes I prefer that combo then that combo then that combo.... But yeah, Twilight Of The Thundergod was my first and for that reason...., in any case the song has its place. But :cry: no, can't say.:(

Annihilation of Hammerfest and As Long As the Raven Flies. Both are killer combo for me. I emphasize the word 'killer'..

Killeeeeeer *growlingreallydeep* As for me, I would like to look for another word actually. Actually. Though of course and for sure these songs kill bad demons in you indeed.:cool: Don't they? Still not sure what my angeldust :D combo is, changes from day to day, whoaaah so many great stuff, again and again I'll be damned - amazing.

If we are talking any random two songs back to back on an album, it would be

The Last with Pagan Blood
North Sea Storm

If we are talking first two songs on the album, it would be

Vahall Awaits Me
Runes to My Memory

wow, nobody went for Without Fear - Victorious March. Thats easily my favourite combo. Or Ride For Vengeance - Dragon's Flight Across The Waves if you're meaning the first 2 tracks off an album.

Dam, must be my first post on here in a year or 2.

As a first post..
The Beheading of a King is definitly my no. 1!
For a no. 2 I'd go with Asator.

Course.. That's not really 1-2-punch..
It would be punch-punch-punch-eargasm

You mean 1-2 as in track 1 and 2, or any two successive tracks?

Best 1 and 2 opening tracks are definitely Bleed for Ancient Gods and The Last With Pagan Blood :D

Best two successive tracks? I can't decide between WOOOS-Cry of the Blackbirds and Varyags of Miklagaard-Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags