The Damndest Thing…

RequiemX

King of Ithaca
Sep 12, 2002
Sebastopol, CA
www.noahsager.com
I was driving my fiancé's 2001 Echo down the freeway going 75 when my left wheel got sucked into the median-ditch thing between the opposing lanes of traffic. The car flipped 3 times before landing on the wheels. And you know what? We just walked right out of it.

But here's the weird part:

I had just bought The Human Equation (finally) and was listening to it for the first time when it happened.

Is it bad that I'm too scared to listen to it now? And what are the chances of that happening in the first place, car-accident-album during car accident and all?

Man, I'm sore.

RequiemX said:
I was driving my fiancé's 2001 Echo down the freeway going 75 when my left wheel got sucked into the median-ditch thing between the opposing lanes of traffic. The car flipped 3 times before landing on the wheels. And you know what? We just walked right out of it.

But here's the weird part:

I had just bought The Human Equation (finally) and was listening to it for the first time when it happened.

Is it bad that I'm too scared to listen to it now? And what are the chances of that happening in the first place, car-accident-album during car accident and all?

Man, I'm sore.

I totalled my first car to Satriani's - Surfing with the Alien. Still love that album too. Haven't listened to it in forever. I think tomorrow may just be a day to do so.

Do not fear the Human Equation. You'll be just fine.

Glenn

It's a very good thing you're alive. In fact, look at it this way: both you and the guy in The Human Equation get second chances. A very optimistic story when you really look at it. :)

I*decided to listen to it last night and it's pretty good. Different—I'm still getting used to it.

It was a clear day, though the sides of the road were pure ice. And the Echo's a great car. We came out unharmed even after flipping 3 times. She's probably going to get another one.

And we're doing fine. She's more sore than myself, but doing better.

must just be that the album is so good that u couldn't concentrate on the whole driving malarky!

Maybe it was a warning, and you will soon be visited by some kickass singers who will tell you about wiping the smile off a kid's face and remind you of that time you were showing off your brand-new flashy bike but fell down and started to cry. Also, don't be alarmed if your voice gets really high when you talk. That's just because your name is now James LaBrie.

Yngvai X said:
I got into a car accident while listening to The Human Equation as well...most bizzarre part? It was after "reason" sung the line "you turn the wheel, you no longer care"...
Damn that's creepy...I remember passing the scene of a motorcycle accident while Anathema's One Last Goodbye was playing, that was pretty sad.

LOL at Toten's post...

thats quite odd, i read something on the Opeth forum about another car incident while listening to the human equation also. Maybe its a sign to not listen to that album in the car. Anyway glad you're ok.

Yeah, that's really weird. I was listening to Rhapsody in my car, and all of a sudden there was a rain of a thousand flames. Then, all these demons came out, but I kicked their asses with the Emerald Sword. It was kind of like the time I was listening to Metropolis, and there was a Metropolis, right there! Can you believe that? Neither can I.

SilentRealm said:
thats quite odd, i read something on the Opeth forum about another car incident while listening to the human equation also. Maybe its a sign to not listen to that album in the car. Anyway glad you're ok.

Oh yeah, I read that back in the old days when I used to post to the Opeth forum. Something about a bird that hit a power line, caught fire, and died when Fear growled, "You worthless fool, you let her DIEEEEE!"

Personally, I felt sorry for the bird.