The Darkness - anyone heard these guys?

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
They're fucking hysterical. Its sort of a throwback to late 70's early 80's big stupid goofy rock star shit. Its kind of Spinal Tapish.

http://www.thedarknessrock.com/video/

Watch the video for "I believe in a thing called love"

I can't believe they're a platinum selling band. They were something like #2 in the UK charts. This is really refreshing in a world where most mainstream music is either britney spears, hip hop or nu metal.

Herd of them? These bunch of twats are fucking everywhere in this musically inept country (UK). They are quoted as the 'saviours of rock', doesn't that statement want to make you vomit blood when far superior bands like Rush, Arena, Mostly Autumn get jack. The boys in suits have basically decided to bring rock back into the mainstream as a weak antidote to those getting slightly fed up with pop idol. And so they give us a bunch of talentless, 3 chord 'hey baby' merchants as to give the mainstream the impression that this is the best rock had to offer so they better buy into it, the brainwashed masses lap it up. It's shit like this that makes me want to emigrate to Nepal and live in a cave.

Alexander TG said:
Herd of them? These bunch of twats are fucking everywhere in this musically inept country (UK). They are quoted as the 'saviours of rock', doesn't that statement want to make you vomit blood when far superior bands like Rush, Arena, Mostly Autumn get jack. The boys in suits have basically decided to bring rock back into the mainstream as a weak antidote to those getting slightly fed up with pop idol. And so they give us a bunch of talentless, 3 chord 'hey baby' merchants as to give the mainstream the impression that this is the best rock had to offer so they better buy into it, the brainwashed masses lap it up. It's shit like this that makes me want to emigrate to Nepal and live in a cave.

Hmm...well someone jsut send me the videos I have no idea who they are. Yeah I guess if in your situation I'd feel differently, but I dunno...I think the shits funny.

They're okay. Did not need to see that Martin Short-lookalike/highpitched-voiced singer naked, though...

OMG!!! I turn on Headbangers Ball 5 minutes ago and what do I see? The Darkness!! They had the video for "get your hands off of my woman"... the lead singer is quite disturbing... And Alexander if you coudn't figure out he was joking then there's something wrong with ya. But if that was just a good old fashion rant then yeah

First time I heard them was when I saw their video on Headbangers Ball for I Believe In A Thing Called Love. At first I thought they were a big joke. The bassist could be in Spinal Tap. After a while I started to like them. It's nice to see a ROCK band that doesn't sound like Linkin Park or Staind make the charts.

^^^what Chris said. If i hear "'are you going to be my girl' DUHDUHDUH DUHDUH DADUH!" one more time ill fucking rape a cat.o_O:yell: They're that bad.

Yngvai X said:
They're fucking hysterical. Its sort of a throwback to late 70's early 80's big stupid goofy rock star shit. Its kind of Spinal Tapish.

http://www.thedarknessrock.com/video/

Watch the video for "I believe in a thing called love"

I can't believe they're a platinum selling band. They were something like #2 in the UK charts. This is really refreshing in a world where most mainstream music is either britney spears, hip hop or nu metal.

haha, Matt, what are you doing spreading this cheesy rock?! ;) I swear that lead singer is gay... or at least bi. Not to mention he looks constipated sometimes when he's singing.

~Meg

This is funny stuff!

When the guitarist first appeared, I saw him with a low-slung Les Paul and an all white suit. Thought they had Jimmy Page in the band! And yeah, 3 solos in on song. Sweet!

i have a friend in ireland who went to school with them, and he told me to download a couple of their songs. well, i did, listened to them, and deleted them so fast it would make your head spin. hubby then read about them in a magazine and decided that next time we went buying cd's he would give them a listen (i neglected to leave the songs on the comp long enough for him to hear). needless to say, we didnt buy the cd... he took one listen and nearly died laughing.

Ahh hahaha.. The part where the guitar flies down into that guy's hands and he plays a solo. Well that just about verified EVERY rock stereotype before the 90s, that I've ever heard of.

I think it's great to see a band WHO DOESN'T TAKE THEMSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY!!! I really think this is something music (including metal) is missing... hence everyone hating devin on tour and calling him an asshole. i think music and musicians NEED to remember what a sense of humor is. And by the way, the dude has a great voice and really catchy stuff.

theodyssey said:
I think it's great to see a band WHO DOESN'T TAKE THEMSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY!!! I really think this is something music (including metal) is missing... hence everyone hating devin on tour and calling him an asshole. i think music and musicians NEED to remember what a sense of humor is. And by the way, the dude has a great voice and really catchy stuff.

Exactly. The same people who don't get Devin's sense of humor on stage would probably think these guys suck too.