The Darkness

I hate it, the vocals piss me off so much, it's unlistenable. Which isn't great, because they'd probably not be too bad, but gah, those vocals. He's just annoying and...ugh.

Though I'm not so crazy about glam, and I've heard only two songs, I like them, it's a kind of band with such a lovely sense of humour :D

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
I hate it, the vocals piss me off so much, it's unlistenable. Which isn't great, because they'd probably not be too bad, but gah, those vocals. He's just annoying and...ugh.

I feel your pain, i think their hilarious

the darkness as a band are really horroristic, but their appearance is amazing, I love return of the GLAM, and in general return of the Velvet Goldmine style...

Their the worst fucking shit I ever heard. O.k that's not true. The new worst shit I have heard. Since the vines/hives/white stripes/bees/and every other shit indy band.

I had the cd burned but threw it away because I didn't like the themes of songs. I found that is was conflicting with my faith. But what I heard I liked other than the lyrics.

charnee said:
I like The Darkness..the vocals are not that bad. The music video might be..actually I think it's kind of funny

I hear they're big in the UK

They are, in fact there positively HUGE here. Most of the songs off Permission to land have been released as singles and have done very well in the charts. To me they sound like the basterd son of AC/DC and Queen, similar music stlye to AC but with Freddie Mercury style high pitched vocals. Personnally I love em', and I honestly don't think they expect any of their fans to take them seriously, there a silly band and thats there hook. I'm really pleased to see some decent guitar based music doing well in the UK as its quite a rarity nowadays :erk:

I disagree I love the darkness. The remind me of a 70's band from britan called Foriener. I love Justins voice and he's able to make even the uglyest words sound pretty. All the songs on thier latest album are well orchestrated and well-sang. In fact I think "I belive in a thing called love" is the worst song on the album, the rest is so great.

And from all the "boo-hooing" I've heard about them, you asshols haven;t even given any REASONS why they "suck so bad" so fuck off :rofl:

I'm not the biggest fan, but the charts here in the UK are generally so crap nowdays (and I actually like a lot of pop) that I'd much rather the darkness got some attention than most of the other crap out there. I've heard the album a lot (burnt it off a friend) and its pretty good, with a few classic heavy pop rock tracks although some of it gets a little samey. The Video for "I Believe..." is surely one of the best rock/metal vids of last year (the only other thing that springs to mind is Type O's I Dont Wanna Be Me).

The funny thing is that Im now at uni in Norwich which is pretty near lowestoft (the darkness have played here a whole lot of times) and I've seen a bunch of local bands who have played with them over the years but just havent had the same success. Check out "Sneaking Fog" who are like the local musically dirtier Motley Crue come AC/DC and absolutely hillarious live. Some female friends of mine have virtually become like their groupies! I dispair! Take a look at the lyrics on their website (www.sneakingfog.com)... I really hope that one day they're performing Boys Of The Nite on Top Of The Pops! "Your soggy box is locked up tight, but babe I've got the key" :loco: