The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne

I don't really like this mix, especially the guitars. There are too much fizzing or clipping I don't know but that's so lame, or am I just hear it? Also the vocals are quiet a little bit, and the clean singing is not as epic as we used to from TDWP. Maybe they wanted a new sound, but hey, Joey should have produce this album again...

Guitars indeed sound strange, it doesn't even have any punch when they get it and they have a weird fizz. That part at 40 seconds is pretty weird sounding with the "blast" kind of pumping the mix, but drums don't have any power. Mix is kind of "soft" compared to what I've now been accustomed to with Zombie EP... Too "creamy"... The song itself is thumbs up (being a fan I can't really complain...), but the sound is disappointing, especially after an ear-bomb such as their last EP.

It's not as epic as I had hoped. The drums really don't have that much power, and the guitars are really strange. The low screams sound like they hurt.

I don't really know what to thing. It's a good song and all but I still feel that the best atmosphere was in With Roots above and Branches below. And the vocals actually sound good on that one.

i actually thought this was a joke... sadly, no joke.

there is no power here, it's just ...meh. they will always be great song writers but the way this song writing was translated is a bit disappointing and lack luster.

on a scale from 1-10 ...(10 being the ideal mix that joey has never failed) = 5

i think everyone was just as excited about adam d mixing this as the band was... but i am seriously in disbelief, i still kinda think this is some sort of sick test. =\

i'm curious to hear what joey feels/thinks.

i actually thought this was a joke... sadly, no joke.

there is no power here, it's just ...meh. they will always be great song writers but the way this song writing was translated is a bit disappointing and lack luster.

on a scale from 1-10 ...(10 being the ideal mix that joey has never failed) = 5

i think everyone was just as excited about adam d mixing this as the band was... but i am seriously in disbelief, i still kinda think this is some sort of sick test. =

i'm curious to hear what joey feels/thinks.

+1 on everything :guh:

I love the song, don't get me wrong, but the sound.. really? I was reading an interview with Hrancia and he said they loved all the stuff they had done with Joey, but they were looking for a more 'organic, natural feel' for this album. And is Jeremy still doing clean vox? cos if so, they sound nothing like him, and sound really weird IMO

and +1 on 'i'd like to see what Joey thinks of it'

They will be back to Joey next album watch......This is band that needs to stop experimenting and just run with the Sound Joey gave them as long as the scene will let them.....it's not like there multidimensional and can do anything .

ORGANIC.......Musicians are fruits

fuck, i had so much hope on this record :(

hmmm, i still think the best thing Adam D has done is Horizons by Parkway or An Ocean Between Us by As I Lay Dying.
but this lacks everything that i love from those two records.

i understand the "organicness" but he guitar tone is fucking odd. although your ears somewhat adjust by the end of the song.
has anyone noticed how quiet the cymbals are?
the hats sound like nothing.

really not a fan :(

I was expecting it to be more awesome, but do you guys honestly think the mix is that weak? Apart from the guitars sounding a bit harsh on the high end and the snare being kinda weak i think it sounds fine?

one of the most popular metalcore producers in the world, is adam d... mixed with some production from sturgis.

i would figure this to sound spectacular... and (imo) it doesn't even come close to the sound achieved in joey's mixes.

we all know the production credit list of adam... the list goes on for days. to be honest, this song doesn't sound anything like the productions previously credited to adam (which are DAMN INCREDIBLE).

all of these factors contribute to high expectations (to say the least).

edit: it doesn't sound horrible, the guitars sound pretty cool. and i even like the drums (somewhat). the ideas from the band and producer translated well in terms of editing. the mix overall is unbalanced and lack luster.

*hundred bucks says sturgis could take this song in 10 min and give it way more power without compromising the integrity of the initial production (by adam). one of my favorite idioms; "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."