The Devil's Blood - R.I.P.

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
looks like they broke up. People are crying about it on facebook. I was never a fan. Think this genre is kind of dull. I know they had lots of fans and stuff but it is one band I couldnt get into.

The Devil's Blood was leagues ahead of all 4 other bands in that genre. Everything about them, visually, lyrically, aesthetically, everything was perfect. They had a lot to offer and I hope the members keep on in other projects.

The Devil's Blood was leagues ahead of all 4 other bands in that genre. Everything about them, visually, lyrically, aesthetically, everything was perfect. They had a lot to offer and I hope the members keep on in other projects.

I agree. I think they were the best of those bands.

I feel so unhip!!!

Well, back to rockin out to my dinosaur rock!

I know "dinosaur rock" is your new thing but you should really check out The Devil's Blood. They invoke the spirit of the mighty Stegosaurus quite well. Almost similar to Ghost in that it's pretty clear their influences are dinobands, but less derivative.

I ain't hatin on them.
I just have lately been digging into more 70s and 80s stuff that I previously wasnt too into.

I don't buy 10 CDs a week like lot of y'all do, so many of these new bands I only know by name.

New to dinosaur rock?? Yeah man, I just got into Deep Purple, Rush, and Pink Floyd last week!!!!
You got me!!!!!!!!!
The main dino rock band that I love who I admittingly just got into about 3 years ago would be Heep.
And yes, I have become a fanboy and push them heavily.

Oh, no, I know that dinosaur rock was just hatching when you were my age. It just seems that the term "dinosaur rock" has joined The Sword being made of hipsters, Manilla Road, and Doom over the past month or three.

This is probably their most well-known track. It's not my favorite, but it's a pretty solid representation of their sound. Think a Satanic Roky Erickson of sorts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like lots of high pitched vocalists (IE - Tate, Kiske, Alder, etc, etc).
Even Messiah can get "up there" as well as Rob Lowe.
Just didn't seem to fit here for me. Sorry.