funny Maryland Death Fest story....

Yeah, I went to this. Maryland Deathfest has grown so huge over the past 5 years that it's really no longer just a "deathfest" with brutal slam death bands playing. They try to cater to all crowds of metal. For me, this one of the best MDF's yet with probably the best lineup so far. Sure, bands like Down, Melvins, Sleep, and Weedeater are, to me, fucking worthless, but they drew huge fucking crowds. The deal with security did suck, but I can deal with long lines so long when the security is kind and cool with people bringing in drugs and alcohol into the show. They are also really good with crowd surfing and generally really nice. I had no problems with them.

Well, it was much more difficult to this year, but all anyone had to do to smuggle in weed or anything was just hold a bag in their hand. They asked that you take everything out of your hands and they never bothered to even look at what you had. Booze is harder, but I'm sure someone figured it out. I didn't bother to smuggle anything in this year.

But yeah, who cares. I saw Pagan Altar live :p