The Edge of Forever Heavy Metal Internet Radio Show

M

Michael

Greetings Enchant fans. I'll be playing some Enchant on my internet radio show coming up soon. Be sure to check it out...

The Edge of Forever Heavy Metal Internet Radio is back now every Saturday Evening from 6pm-8pm central time (that’s 7pm-9pm for all you East coast fools). If you’re from Europe this will most likely be sometime in the early morning for you unfortunately. The show kicks off on September 22nd. All you have to do is copy and paste the corresponding links into your plugins for your Real Player, Win Amp, Windows Media Player, or Sonique. Save the plugins as “The Edge of Forever” and presto- you can tune into the show.

You guys along with other heavy metal message board viewers are probably going to be my only real audience other than a few guys on campus. I’ll be happy to take your requests- I only ask you to keep it melodic and somewhere in the hard rock/heavy metal vein. Bands I will be playing a lot include: Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Enchant, Symphony X, Pain of Salvation, Stratovarius, Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Savatage, Elegy, Labyrinth, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Eldritch, and much more. I have a 200+ CD collection so if you request it, I’ll probably have it. This is also an excellent opportunity for you to hear new music.

I’m debating whether or not to bother including a few more popular radio tunes from the ‘80s to perhaps attract more listeners- Rush, Def Leppard, White Snake, Journey etc.

Another debate I’m struggling with is whether or not to include Therion, Opeth, Death, and Children of Bodom. While I’m not a huge fan of Cannibal Corpse and a lot of shitty death metal bands, I think these four are absolutely fantastic. I wouldn’t even call these 4 death metal actually, but they do have rhaspy/growly/satantic vocals that I know some of you may not enjoy. I personally like the vocals, and I’m confident (if you haven’t heard it already), you’ll absolutely love the music. So unless you protest, I’m going to promote the new Opeth and Children of Bodom albums.

Real Player
Broadband
www.buedge.com/listen/realplayerhigh.ram
Regular Modem
www.buedge.com/listen/realplayerlow.ram

Win Amp
Broadband
www.buedge.com/listen/playlist.m3u
Regular Modem

Windows Media Player
Broadband
www.buedge.com/listen/med...erhigh.asx
Regular Modem
www.buedge.com/listen/mediaplayerlow.asx

Sonique
Broadband
Regular Modem

If we get our phone working, I'll post the phone line you can call to make requests while I'm on the air.

peace out,
Michael

This is a cool thing your doing. I picked up the Opeth CD mainly because Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) was involved. They're music is great, bit I am struggling with the vocals (he's no Ted Leonard!). My favorite songs are the couple with normal vocals. Still, I think a good purpose for a show like this is to turn people on to new things - I certainly wouldn't turn the show off because you played a band like Opeth.

Hope you will consider some King's X - They are such an underated band, and could use some support.

first norehearsal compliments me, then he goes on to mention the coolest band on the planet.........dude! if you were a chick I'd.......well nevermind

come to houston, and we'll have a king's x, enchant & beer outdoor festival from noon to dusk, that is sure to make some noise around town, cheers! ;)

LOL Ted - I discovered Enchant early this year, and you've since become one of my favorite vocalists, as well as fav bands. Great to see some other people recognize King's X as well - guess they're not progressive enough for Nearfest, but I'd go to Houston for Javier's outdoor festival!

I have all of Kings X's albums up through "Ear Candy" and for some reason I never got around to getting their latest three. Are they still as good as they were on "Dogman"? (my favorite) I guess that I must not have been very impressed with Ear Candy, otherwise I would have gotten "Tape Head" when it came out.

I may not be the best judge - I think "Ear Candy" is a great album - but I like "Tape Head" alot. Production is rougher since they changed labels, but it has good straight-forward rock songs like Dogman. "..Mr Bulbous" is a bit experimental for me, some strange chords & melodies. I already like the new CD alot better than Mr. Bulbous, but am still getting used to it. "Gretchen" is probably my favorite, but they all have great songs.