The FIRST gig you attended

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
Since there was a thread about the first album you bought, I thought about asking about the first gig you saw (metal or not) and how old were you?

ether said:
Since there was a thread about the first album you bought, I thought about asking about the first gig you saw (metal or not) and how old were you?
Yeah, what was your first Gig you saw and how old were you ??
Me i dont remember ... maybe 8-9 years looking at the pop duo lilli and sussie
my first thrash metal concert I saw was with Anthrax and Suicidal Tendencies 1988/1989 tour and I was 14 years old then.

i was into hiphop before (shameful) and went to a lot of jams, but my first metal-concert-experience i guess was korn back in 2001, i think. (im such a newbie :ill: )

Soulfly, when I was 15 years old. First festival would be some pretty small one, bands that played were Ancient Rites (this was the band I went for, hell even Blakkheim helped them out at a few gigs years ago, when the other guitarist left), After Forever, Immortal, Within Temptation, Nightwish :ill:, Rhapsody :ill:, Stratovarius :ill: and Saxon (Iced Earth were supposed to play!!!! But they canceled and got replaced by Saxon... not my cup of tea). I only liked the first 3 bands I named though, and Within Temptation was good too, they hadn't released that bloody commercial album yet.

first concert... 1980... duane "wolfpaw" loken, outside his pop career known as the indian in the tv-series macahan (if anyone remembers that)...
first metal concert... 1990... tiamat/unanimated...

ether said:

ugh....tina turner and rod stewart, i was about 8. first metal show...uh, entombed and autopsy and some othas that i dont remember at the huntridge in las vegas, i was 15 or so.

jeez, why did i have to remember the tina turner thing?

My first gig must have been at the age of 7 or 8 to a concert with a danish legend "Kim Larsen", my first metal gig was Metallica at the age of 13 or 14 I think :) ... but how about the BEST concert you've ever seen???? I must say there's many good but only one GREAT and outstanding and that's Pantera '99 in Denmark... also to mention Katatonia's great performance last year (and in '99 with Paradise Lost), Opeth's concert in Denmark last year was also very good (first time ever I saw 'em live :) ) and so on :)