The Formula 1 Thread

ME!
Since there's been a lack of Dutch F1 drivers, I don't follow it as closely anymore. Albers sucked, Verstappen was ok, I'm a big fan of Robert Doornbos, allthough I don't see him do F1 anymore. He'll probally be back in the Indy car series later this year. The problem here in Holland is that there's no support for F1 from sponsors. And that's something that really needs to be there. Doornbos explained this last week on TV with the words "To have a seat in an F1 car you need a perfectly working triangle "SPONSOR & DRIVER & TEAM".

Mostly watch the compilation late at night of the race. I think it will be Webber or Vettel at the end of the season. Again they show to have the best car out there, as long as the brakes keep working.

-Petrov deserved respect after the way he handled hamilton like a champ, hamilton on the other hand should get his ass penalized instead of running off with a """warning""" for performing an illegal action that would've given petrov the lead.

Aren't they only allowed to "weave" 1 time? I think Hamilton did it 4 times. Now that's a stop and go if you tell me...not a warning.

I LOVE F1...more than any other motorsport. I have hand painted scale models of Schumi's Ferrari and Hakkinen's McLaren. But I haven't been able to watch for several years now, since Time-Warner/Comcast (the cable company) dropped Speed Channel from their normal line-up. Bastards!!!!! Now I just have to read up on the internet. :(

Barrichello is fucking awesome. Great driver, great guy, great to have in a team. His career was hijacked by a ferrari contract that neutered him. I can't wait for his book to come out. Mercedes not having a 1/2 driver setup is showing how that effects michael. Rosberg has been under the radar a bit but is more then competent. Schuey will be back into it for sure, hes a talent. Plus its fun watching the hard working schuey much more then the reichschuey that controls the whole team.

And vettel is awesome, but as often as not looks like a middle age lesbian to me haha. And as an aussie I prefer webber. Kubica rocks too.

My GF is a huge F1 fan (McLaren) so I see at least half of the races every season.
Last year was quite boring tbh...also because of the budged restrikions and so on.
this year seems more promising to me.
And I like to see that Schumi is back and doesn't pown hahaha ;)

Thoughts on todays race?

I think Button deserved the win, read the conditions perfectly (again), kept his tyres and composure, and drove to a deserved victory. I'm a big fan of buttons because he's so consistent when the setup is right.

Hamilton is a dirty bastard but fun to watch, especially the bullshit with Vettel in the pit lane :lol:

Hamilton seems to go madder every day, he needs to keep himself together or he´ll destroy himself, Button has never been a "fighter" but he´s superb at holding his nerve and going straight to the finish line, definitely a deserved victory as he played everything perfectly right. Alonso really played it stupid after that jumpstart and had some bad luck with the tyres, but then put himself together and managed to snatch 4th, Nico Rosberg is again a surprise and so is Petrov, dude´s fighting like a pro.

Let´s just wish Barcelona will be a "normal" race this time so the actual fast cars can win out of driving and speed and not a race that will need up to 6 stops per car

I actually love watching the fast cars battle their way through the crowd, so I love chaotic races :D

I think your analysis is fair, particularly the renault drivers are impressive, same for rosberg. Hamilton is ludicrously fast and stupid, but he'll never get anywhere besides the tyre wall if he keeps it up :lol:

yeah before the season started I was betting my ass that hamilton would humiliate button and that button was getting in trouble by teaming up with him, cause I´ve always seen Lewis as a much better driver, and Jenson was only really consistent when he´s leading, which is why he won last year cause he had the fastest car in the universe and he´s a million times better and more consistent than Barichello. But Lewis has gone crazy this season, like he´s been on hard drugs the whole pre-season hahaha he´s right on the way to destroying his reputation. Schumi put up a decent fight today too, not bad for the old man

Still watching of course!

Nice drive by maldonado, no idea where that pace came from!

Great drive by vettel too, some awesome overtakes.

Can't say many good things about McLaren haha

F1 fan here too. Amazing race today - lots of overtaking and very fun to watch. Nice to see Raikkonen on the podium twice in a row and Maldonado taking his maiden win after a horrible 2011 season... not so nice to see Hamilton having such bad luck again. Anyway, he's only 8 points down from championship leaders (both Vettel and Alonso with 61 points) so, in conclusion, nobody is really safe after all.

yeah it's been an incredible season so far, but right now all I can think of is hearing the Venezuelan national anthem for the first time in F1, and remembering my dad who would've been the happiest man in the world today if he hadn't succumbed to Cancer last year. I'm gonna go have a few in his name now.

This season is great so far! 5 races and 5 different winners. It's shaping up to be an exciting championship battle. I'm a bit disappointed with the McLaren performances in the last couple of races, I want to see Button win this year, but somehow they're treading water.

Congratulation to Maldonado and Williams! Holy shit..this season every time that Alonso can win there is a fuckin' outsider on fire (Perez first and today Maldonado) :D

Havent seen shit. Getting it televised has only gotten worse, and its usually on too early when Im still asleep. However Im going to the Austin, TX race in November. Good to see Raikkonen come back this time too.

J the TyranT said:
Havent seen shit. Getting it televised has only gotten worse, and its usually on too early when Im still asleep. However Im going to the Austin, TX race in November. Good to see Raikkonen come back this time too.

Yeah when I lived in America I would always get up super early on Sundays to see it. Or stay up really late with the Asian ones :lol: