the french.

1. Gojira is french, I don't like them but they're french
2. They're a bunch of snobby assholes who think themselves as too good to be on metal forums.

There's a HUGE metal scene in France!!

There may not be any well known thrash bands from France but they have a very strong underground scene. There's a lot of very good black and death metal coming out of France at the moment.

Of course everyone's heard of Gojira, who are very successful. A few other good French bands off the top of my head are Arkhon Infaustus, Gorod, Glorior Belli, Ataraxie, Benighted, Blut aus Nord, The Old Dead Tree, Peste Noire... mainly black/death metal.

They sound pretty good man. :kickass:

I shall expand on the bands I mentioned:

Arkhon Infaustus Black/death metal (for fans of Belphegor, Akercocke, Behemoth etc)

Gorod Technical death metal (for fans of Necrophagist, Decapitated, Nile etc)

Glorior Belli Black metal (for fans of well, black metal..)

Ataraxie Funeral doom/death metal (for fans of My Dying Bride, Ahab, Indesinence, Autopsy etc)

Benighted Pretty brutal death metal/grindcore (for fans of all things heavy and riffy, also anyone who listenes to deathcore, check them out!)

Blut aus Nord Black metal (for fans of well, black metal..)

The Old Dead Tree Progressive/gothic metal (for fans of Opeth, My Dying Bride, Muse etc)

Im starting to wonder if some of you actually know any french people, for you to talk about them that way. Or have you actually been to france? How can you judge if you havent?

I've noticed that in recent times people have begun to hate on the French, call them ignorant, arseholes, etc. However I believe it's nothing more than a common misconception. I've been to France and have had French friends in the past, and I have to say from my experience they're very nice people.

To put a whole nation of people in a box and slap a big ARSEHOLES label on it is just ridiculous. There are many arseholes and many ignorant individuals in every country.

I've noticed that in recent times people have begun to hate on the French, call them ignorant, arseholes, etc. However I believe it's nothing more than a common misconception. I've been to France and have had French friends in the past, and I have to say from my experience they're very nice people.

To put a whole nation of people in a box and slap a big ARSEHOLES label on it is just ridiculous. There are many arseholes and many ignorant individuals in every country.

I agree completely. :)

Amesouers, Alcest, Peste Noire, Massacra, Deathspell Omega, Glorior Belli, Anorexia Nervosa, Heol Telwen, Heavenly.. come to mind as French metal bands.
Also I am friends with a French guy who I met when I used to moderate the nuclear blast forums! He goes to Wacken etc.
Also, errr.. Hellfest? That's in France! http://www.hellfest.fr/

even knowing all this, Imagineing a bunch of kids in denim and leather, throwing back beer, and speaking french... it just seems hilarious.

Im starting to wonder if some of you actually know any french people, for you to talk about them that way. Or have you actually been to france? How can you judge if you havent?

The French are Anti-Semitic, Anti-American, and pulled out of NATO in the 60's, after we (America, Canada, the UK) protected them from the Germans, TWICE!!!

Every Frenchman I've met has been a snob, and a pig, their women are not that great looking, and the British have sex more often than the French, so France fails.

Germany, UK, America, FTW!!!!