"The Gathering" question.

Andy, do you recall if Eric used a overdrive/tubescreamer for rythmguitars on "The Gathering" and "Still Deadly"?

I have bought myself a christmaspresent, a new 3-channel Dual Recto. Love it with the Tubescreamer on and passive pickups. Returned the new Powerball, no body.

Oh yeah, happy holidays everyone.

Actually if you guys watch the video shot on andys site most of the gear relatd questiones are answered just by watching the vid.

If i recall from watching the vid he was running a dean with duncans. and Triple recto. you can see the vocal mic they are using in the vid aswell. Dunno if you can tell what type it is from the vid but someone may recognise it.

Andy and Guitarguru, thanx.
Sorry, i missed the video thing but will do my own searching on that one.:oops:

Much respect to Andy for producing different sounds. I mean, there are a lot of producers who use their own bag of tricks (same samples, same guitarsound) on every band they record, ending up they all have the same (good, but the same) sound. To translate a bandsound (an identity) into a very good sound on cd takes a producer who understands what music is about.

Now on the Duncan hunt........................:wave:

About the Beta questions...

SM57 - Sounds like an SM57
Beta57 - Moore crispy, tighter bottom. Kinda different in the top.
Beta57A - Even a little moore bright then the old Beta57.

The tight bottom of the Beta range can sometimes sound better on a Recto, but a lot different from a usual 57. I get a Meshuggah vibe with the Beta mics, and they will really benefit from a brown pre like an API or Neve...

However, I noticed how loud I record my Recto will have a really huge impact on the sound. Too low, shut-in sound, much top, less mid. Louder levels gives moore open sound, less top and moore mids....

How loud do you guyes record your rectos?

ok, time for another thread resurrection.
one question regarding the guitar sound. andy said eric used his dean loaded with seymour duncans straight into the triple recto (btw, 2ch or 3ch? 2 i suppose).
i just wonder which channel was used, vintage or modern? the sound is REALLY fat, similar to what i remember the vintage higain to be like, but then again it seems like most of the time folks use the modern red channel for metal rhyhtm.

Bump for Fragle..

Man, the more i hear of "the gathering", the more im impressed with that whole vibe and mix it has.. simply amazing, i want to know everything about the recording of that one.. the guitars sound really thick and crunchy.. but the drums.. oh my, the drums! :worship:

Andy, please give me your drumsamples.. i will keep them to myself, i promise! :tickled:

No really.. i promise...

get yourself a d4 and you might get near the kick sound on gathering... I think andy mentioned a long time ago that he used fusion/monster mix from d4 on the kick. ;-) ... and dave lombardo on drums... it has to sound amazing.