The getting sick thread. This time let's warn people BEFORE it happens.:)

I've started taking "Airborne" great boost to your system when inside enclosed places with recirculating air. Loaded with zinc, vitamin C and other good stuff for you. The one thing I can say that helps all the time, anywhere... is WASH YOUR HANDS A LOT!

I have gotten sick twice upon returning from Atlanta, it had to have been the flights. I took Airborne going to and coming back from Chicago last april and I was ok, so I will continue to use it before flying just to be on the safe side.

Bear

metal71 said:
Next weekend long show I go to, I'm taking what's left of my prescription....

you do know that the common cold/stomach bug isn't affected by antibiotics, right? and that the more often you take them, the more chances you have that the bugs they fight will mutate into stronger bugs, right?

indiscriminant antibiotic use is stupid.

MetalRose said:
The Fairfields gone now, so that means last years FairField Flu will not show up. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

-Metal

Residence Inn Rash?

Hampton Heaves?

Granada Gout?

:D

I don't think I've been sick after PP since PP 1 in Chicago, but it rained a lot that year and THEN got cold and windy. In Chicago. Go figure.

The Q and I were just talking about that.... maybe it is just the excitement and the unusual 3 - 4 straight days with not much rest... :)

Screw you guys, I'm wearing my biohazard chemical suit along with full mask and oxygen tank. Just make sure no one smokes around it or else
200px-Atomic_blast.jpg

-Metal

The only reason for falling sick at progpower is the air condition! its a lot to cold! last year our singer was terrified about how cold it was on stage - his voice became husky - nowhere in europe even not in the hot countrys a air condition is that cold - maybe their air conditions are not very powerfull :tickled: - but anyway... and as a visiter you jump around in front of your favorite bands and sweat, then you sat down and you catch a cold!
thats very simple!
solution 1: don't use the air condition to freeze all the fans and bands!
solution 2: take some warm clothes with you to the concert and maybe a towel - towels are a duty! - read "THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY" and you will know what i mean!
best regards!
wolfgang

The first ever Progpower held in Chicago, I came home with a nasty cold that settled into pneumonia. Second Progpower I came home unable to speak, voice shot and that settled into a chest cold.

Knock on wood, I've been well the last three PPs. What I do is go to bed early the week before in order to store up my energy. I take a multivitamin daily so I can keep my immune system up (even have my vitamins with me for continental breakfast at the Granada). Keeping my hands clean and the good old hand sanitizer in the purse doesn't hurt at all. Every little bit helps.

Another thing: water, water, water!!!! I drink tons of it while at PP to keep hydrated (all those smokers zap our air of humidity - lol)!

Then I come home and sleep for three days afterward (ha ha)!

DREAMSCAPE 777 said:
The only reason for falling sick at progpower is the air condition! its a lot to cold!

solution 2: take some warm clothes with you to the concert and maybe a towel - towels are a duty! - read "THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY" and you will know what i mean!
best regards!
wolfgang

What about cuddling with Wolfgang? Will that prevent someone from catching a cold?

LOL

All kidding aside, the A/C at Earthlink is amazingly good. BUT....I like that better than the alternative. Getting stuck in a hot, moist, crowded and airless venue for hours on end would be a lousy way to spend a weekend!