The GOTE conspiracy

Catharsis70

Apr 28, 2005
Dont you hate it when you end up drinking as much as your consiracy theorist friend and the fucker starts making sense? This is what just hapened to me so the next day I had to slap him in the nuts for it! He starts talking about how GOTE was intended to make us miss the old school stuff and that it is was put out there to "prep" us for what was to come. He thinks the reunion was in the works for over two years. Either a smooth transition for the John lovers to rekindle the romance with old school or to fuel the fire for the haters. For about three minutes after a "fudgeload" of Makers and Fat Tires it started to make sense. I am not one that buys into crap in a sober state of mind and mostly just roll with the punchs..... Basdard! I cant believe I let the fucker drink that many of my beers...... asshole...

The Greater of Two Evils 'conspiracy' may seem logical but it isnt.
GOTE was what the fans (you and me) have wanted since John Bush joined the band. Anthrax gave us what we wanted.
Anthrax is and always was a band for the fans.

It's pretty sad how 10 reunion bashers/John Bush fans here on the board seem to think they are the "voice" of the ANTHRAX community...

We all know by now who likes Bush and who likes the reunion.....I like Bush too, wirth Amored Saint that is....but it's obvious a lotta fans really want to see this reunion, the proof is everywhere...reviews, pics etc etc...

I want to see the reunion too. I just don't want it to stay that way. No matter how much ass it kicks. I miss John in the band more then I did when Joey left the band.

spacebeer said:
It's pretty sad how 10 reunion bashers/John Bush fans here on the board seem to think they are the "voice" of the ANTHRAX community...

We all know by now who likes Bush and who likes the reunion.....I like Bush too, wirth Amored Saint that is....but it's obvious a lotta fans really want to see this reunion, the proof is everywhere...reviews, pics etc etc...
Have you ever read a bad reviews of an Anthrax show with Bush???
Anthrax always got great reviews. Because they always do killer shows.
And we dont think we are the voice of the Anthrax community, Scott said it was just a reunion tour, Scott said that John IS the singer of Anthrax, Scott said in a lot of interview over the years that John was way better than Joey, Scott said that the song on GOTE was the way they should have been done and i think that Scott IS the voice of Anthrax.
Spacey, you really think that Anthrax reunion line-up could bring back all the people of the 80's who's buying album of the band and going to the shows??
If they sells less over the years, it's not the line-up fault!! The time and the tastes have changing, its the same for every metal band. :Smug:

Matt Bello said:
And we dont think we are the voice of the Anthrax community, Scott said it was just a reunion tour, Scott said that John IS the singer of Anthrax, Scott said in a lot of interview over the years that John was way better than Joey, Scott said that the song on GOTE was the way they should have been done and i think that Scott IS the voice of Anthrax.
Spacey, you really think that Anthrax reunion line-up could bring back all the people of the 80's who's buying album of the band and going to the shows??
If they sells less over the years, it's not the line-up fault!! The time and the tastes have changing, its the same for every metal band. :Smug:

Well said Matt.

Matt Bello said:
Spacey, you really think that Anthrax reunion line-up could bring back all the people of the 80's

Been in the 80s don't want to go back - great times though.

I know JohnnieCZech and I disagree sometimes but moving fwd with the reunion line up would be

like two steps forward a hundred steps back - S442 :kickass:

Matt Bello said:

I was actually at a few that deserved really bad reviews...also a few good ones, and no I don;t think ALL the 80's people will come back, but at leats a whole lot do PLUS there's a load of younger people waiting to see ANTHRAX in the "original" line up too, I know a whole lot of them from some Dutch metal board people under 20 that is!

Plus there's a whole lot of 30 somethings going to the shows too, I saw so many walk away last time they played here on the WCFYA tour and the turnout wasn't great to begin with....

At a certain point even ANTHRAX has to realise they are not 20 anymore so why try to act like that...everybodies gotta age, and that isn;t nessecaroly a bad thing, there's loads of bands out there doing it with grace, and the two reunion shows I saw were definately gracefull and totally KICKASS!

Apart from that I just think ANTHRAX wrote far superior riffs and songs in the 80's and early 90's that they do now, far more memorable songs that's it, I have nothing against John Bush as a person or even a singer I just think he doesn;t fit ANTHRAX and had the bad luck he sung on what many people think are their weakest albums...

PLus the whole two steps back thing is nonsense, neither Joey nor John didn't ever involve much with the musical side of the band so that has nothing to do with it...

spacebeer said:

I speak only for myself. I am not anti-Joey, I'm just pro-Bush!

Matt Bello said:

:worship: very well said. But to be honest, I´m not that optimistic.

Matt Bello said:
Matt you just hit the nail right on the head. Well put.