The Halo Effect - New Album 2023/2024

It doesn't necessarily have to be "they" are the ones who got a weird way of doing things. Could be their label insisting on doing it like that, you want to be able to tour immediately when an album drops, even if its not a very long tour. And the main appeal of this band are its members and the supergroup (I don't really like that word) status it got.

So when people hear a new song and go to a show next week, they expect to see five ex In Flames dudes and not half of replacements. I imagine the label can't be happy with Jesper missing shows when he is arguably the biggest selling point of the band.

Again, I don't claim these are the actual reasons but I'm sure there is logic behind such an extensive waiting time. At the same time, if someone told me a year ago that THE would take a longer time to release a new album than Wintersun...

Reactions: Xpyro125
Speaking of Wintersun, I have to admit Time II sounds pretty fucking amazing from the samples. I wasn't even sure it existed.

Anyway...

I don't know that Jesper will ever be a live fixture of a band again. That's pure speculation, but it seems like any time he's on the road he gets very uncomfortable with it. It's probably very difficult when you're an addict and you put yourself in a situation where you've been many, many times before and you associate it with drinking and getting fucked up. That probably weighs on him quite a bit. Not to mention, the other guys in the band drink. They go out to eat and drink. They drink on the bus. They drink when they're just sitting around. If I'm a recovering heroin addict, I probably don't want to be around somebody shooting up.

Yes. It's difficult when you're trying to quit and your bandmates have their own brand of beer.

Then, being an alcoholic and trying to quit is personal but, a lot of times, it requires the help from the people around them.

Now, seeing how many musicians are leaving alcohol these days, maybe there's hope for him too to he in a clean environment where he can enjoy playing live again.

New music for what? The album they said was done last year? A third album? An EP that won't end up getting released? Random single? Collaboration with Taylor Swift?

I have no idea what is going on with these guys anymore.

The new album. I still think that there was something wrong about that Peter interview.

They've been confused since the first album was released in terms of what they've been saying to the press. It's all very strange.

"Our sophomore album will now be released at the beginning of 2024, it’s mixed, mastered, it’s done. It’s really exciting because we worked really hard to fit into all of our schedules to make sure that the album was kind of done in time, and then we figured out a release schedule and a release date and all that stuff. We did a lot during a short period of time, which ended up being fantastic."

And now they're back to recording music for it? Wtf?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were recording music for a third album/EP after the second album— And if they are, good on them, it’s nice to see people with such excitement and commitment to a project. I personally wouldn’t have done that before the second album’s reception’s come in, but they have nothing to prove, so what the hell.

I meant to send that yesterday, but I never actually did.

I'm not sure about anything. They are usually active on their social medias and, after the band was announced, they have made public the times where they were working at the studio. And, so far, it has mostly been Jesper and Niklas writting things. There has not been any post regarding the recordings for the secind album. So I do't think that happened. Also, seeing the tour schedule and the fact that they recorded the first album during a whole year, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided that taking their time is the right way to work.

Honestly the way they do things has kind of put me off. Obviously I'll check out a new album when that time comes, in what could be 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years, but I stopped paying attention to what they're doing. They need a better PR team and somebody running their socials who is a bit more transparent. I think it also doesn't help that Mikael has like 75 different bands that he's part of and can't decide which ones he wants to focus on.

The thing is, around 2-3 years is a reasonable enough time between albums. Especially for a band which isn't even the vocalist's main project. The only reason the timeline feels disappointing is because members of the band keep promising music that never materialises. The winter 2022 EP that never got released. New album in 2023. New album at the beginning of 2024. New album at the end of 2024. Now apparently they're still recording music for it? The only "new" releases have been a DOTL bonus track which was already out there and a couple of DOTL leftovers which had already been played live anyway.

I have no problem with waiting, as long as the eventual new album is good quality - and I'm sure it will be - but why keep teasing people with dates for releases that then pass without any release and any comment from the band? It's really frustrating. I'm still eagerly anticipating the second album, but it would be nice not to be told I'll be hearing something new soon, only for it to repeatedly fail to materialise and for the band to then act like they never said anything.

Honestly the way they do things has kind of put me off. Obviously I'll check out a new album when that time comes, in what could be 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years, but I stopped paying attention to what they're doing. They need a better PR team and somebody running their socials who is a bit more transparent. I think it also doesn't help that Mikael has like 75 different bands that he's part of and can't decide which ones he wants to focus on.
Somehow I got a feeling that Stanne is not the problem.

Reactions: Xpyro125 and mindd
I think there's many problems to be honest. It could also be that the music industry is vastly different in 2024. The way bands have to do things now. I think the issues with different members saying different things at different times is a PR issue though. It sounds like they aren't at all on the same page. As DE said, we've been told multiple things over the last year that haven't happened and while it isn't our RIGHT to know, it has been their choice to tell the fan base these things. It's just all very weird.

My theory is that they read this forum and react to it. So, when we first were disappointed that they were going to release an EP, the decided to make it a full album. Then, we were disappointed that half the new album was going to be songs from that EP, so they decided to make a full new album.

The main issue here is that they've also read Slave's posts. So expect the worst.

Next album, every song 20 minutes long due to the lyrics resembling a thesis written by a madman. Jesper in for a surprise when he reads the lyrics and realises most of them are about how he is the root cause of every world issue.