The Haul thread

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Not a bad week. Here's what I found......

-----CDs------
Restless - We Rock The Nation (1985)
Legend Maker - The Path To Glory (1998)
Coldsteel - Freakboy (1992)
Sacrifice - Apocalypse Inside (1993)
Pink Cream 69 - Sonic Dynamite (2000)
Jagged Edge UK - Fuel For Your Soul (1990)
Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance (1986)

-------LPs-------
Metal Knights - The Resurgence Of Swedish Steel 1983-85 (This is a comp of 80's metal bands from Sweden. limited pressing of 500. This is killer!! way better than I thought it would be.)

Twisted Tower Dire - The Secret Demos (pic disc)
Fisk - Too Hot For Love (1987)
Onslaught - In Search Of Sanity (1989)

I'm very much digging Fisk, have 3 or 4 albums by them now. Good french Hair Metal/hard rock.

We should keep this "haul" thread going. Post to it when you get something new.

Oh dude... Sonic Dynamite in my opinion is easily one of the BEST albums to have come out in the last 10 years. Perfect melodic metal/hard rock!

The Trooper said:
Oh dude... Sonic Dynamite in my opinion is easily one of the BEST albums to have come out in the last 10 years. Perfect melodic metal/hard rock!

I am very much digging it! I've had Electrified for a couple years but had not heard any other discs until Sonic D. Electrified is a little better to me, maybe because that's the first one I heard, but Sonic Dynamite is kicking my butt.

Electrified is also great, but I prefer Sonic Dynamite because its more rockin' all the way through! I love everything PC69 have done since Electrified, and also love their first 3 albums, the only PC69 albums I don't like are "Food For Thought" & "Change" the 2 grunge ones. Can't wait to buy the new one Thunderdome coz I heard samples and it sounds AWESOME!

Deep Purple-Rhino Best of...
Deep Purple-Slaves & Masters
Yngwie Malmsteen-Attack!
Rainbow-Millenium Masters
Diamaond Head-Evil Live

It was kinda funny I traded in my Damageplan disc, & when I got to the counter this "goth type" gals says "You didn't like this?" I said no, I wanted to like it badly, but found it to be mediocre. She said "Me Too."

Greeno said:
Not a bad week. Here's what I found......

Onslaught - In Search Of Sanity (1989)

great album-they got signed to london records for this one and had bundles of money thrown at them to produce it.therefore the production is great.
the riffing is excellent,it all boils down to whether you like steve grimmetts vocals or not-great singer if you like the style.funny guy though-he made milano look anorexic.
i've got this one on cd,and i still listen to it on occasion.
i saw them touring this album in '89 at the astoria,they had annihilator supporting them,they had just released alice in hell.my first stagedive.....sigh. :worship: :headbang: :headbang:

baldyboy said:
great album-they got signed to london records for this one and had bundles of money thrown at them to produce it.therefore the production is great.
the riffing is excellent,it all boils down to whether you like steve grimmetts vocals or not-great singer if you like the style.funny guy though-he made milano look anorexic.
i saw them touring this album in '89 at the astoria,they had annihilator supporting them,they had just released alice in hell.my first stagedive.....sigh. :worship: :headbang: :headbang:

I bet that was a killer show! Grimmett sound better on this album than on the Grim Reaper releases, I like him on both though.

Greeno said:
I bet that was a killer show! Grimmett sound better on this album than on the Grim Reaper releases, I like him on both though.

it was one of my fave gigs,the sound was really good,jeff waters smashed up a flying v at the end of human insectiside.in thier(annihilators) set,jim hinder,the bass player for onslaught ran from bacstage,dived off it and onto me and some friends.it was waaaay cool.
not heard any of his grim reaper stuff,or the lionheart stuff he did either.great voice though. :headbang:

Today I picked up cheap on vinyl:

Black N Blue - Black N Blue (1984)
Black N Blue - In Heat (1988)
Malice - In The Beginning... (1985)

:headbang:

SixxSwine's "It was fate.." thread title kinda applies here to my haul too... never in my entire life had I seen Black N Blue's studio albums in ANY format in Australia, on CD or vinyl or anything. All I had ever seen was a recent live album at Radical Records for about $40! And today I walk into Dixons 2nd hand record/CD shop and there is UK pressings of Black N Blue and In Heat in near-mint condition on vinyl for $10 (about US$6.50) each!

I got Dreamscape's newest (can't remember the title and too lazy to look it up or go in the van and look for it)
I got Nickelback's newest, by my wife's request, but though I hate to say it, it's probably the best disc in this small haul.
I found a classic Scorpions - "Crazy World" cheap and picked it up.

Bryant

The Trooper said:
I have been meaning to get an album by that band. I have the Missa Mercuria release which has members from Vanden Plas, Pink Cream 69, Silent Force and others. Being a huge Vanden Plas fan I had to get the disc, but one of Readman's (lead vocalist of PC69) songs, "The Fairytale of Truth" is my favorite on the disc. It's a bit ballady, but he sounds great on it.

http://www.missamercuria.com

Bryant

baldyboy said:
I have the disc and I think it's a bit spotty. You can't beat the title track and "Welcome to Dying" as well as "Shellshocked" and the AC/DC cover but there is some "filler" in there to me as well. As far as Grimmett's voice, I think he is killer.

Bryant

Bryant

Definitely check them out Bryant :) Sonic Dynamite, Electrified, the new one Thunderdome and Endangered are the best ones to check out first! Great albums!

Their first 2 albums are more party/glam and came out in 89/91 and both great albums too (featuring Andi Deris as the vocalist at that time), and the 3rd one is much heavier and more serious, kinda a mix of PC69, Helloween, Skid Row & Queensryche if that makes sense! Also with Andi Deris and also a pretty good album (though I prefer the first 2 and last 4!).

But avoid Food For Thought & Change which they did in the mid-90s. As the title of "Change" suggests, big change in style, they tried to fit into the alternative/grunge scene. YUCK. Luckily they learnt from their mistakes and hit back with the awesome Electrified and released nothing but great albums since!

I can't say enough good things about that band. Nine studio albums, and 7 of them really are top-notch melodic metal/hard rock with the finest songwriting & production around.

The Trooper said:
Today I picked up cheap on vinyl:

Black N Blue - Black N Blue (1984)
Black N Blue - In Heat (1988)
Malice - In The Beginning... (1985)

SixxSwine's "It was fate.." thread title kinda applies here to my haul too... never in my entire life had I seen Black N Blue's studio albums in ANY format in Australia, on CD or vinyl or anything. All I had ever seen was a recent live album at Radical Records for about $40! And today I walk into Dixons 2nd hand record/CD shop and there is UK pressings of Black N Blue and In Heat in near-mint condition on vinyl for $10 (about US$6.50) each!

Trooper-- The 4 Black N Blue albums were just reissued on cd by a small labal in London (Majestic Rock). They are already kinda hard to find but they are out there. The 2 Malice albums have also been "reissued" on cd. You can find both on eBay. That's a great vinyl haul though! Do you pick up much vinyl?

Bryant said:
I have the disc and I think it's a bit spotty. You can't beat the title track and "Welcome to Dying" as well as "Shellshocked" and the AC/DC cover but there is some "filler" in there to me as well. As far as Grimmett's voice, I think he is killer.

Bryant

Bryant
i've got the shellshock 12"somewhere.they've got a couple of really dodgy b sides on there.
as for the album,its only really the last song-"powerplay" that i'm not keen on.the rest,like blitzkried(lightning war)and blood upon the ice i really liked.
grimmetts voice is one of those i like for a while,but after too much i just go off it.i couldnt listen to two of his albums back to back.he is an awsome singer in respect to his technique and ability to hold the note and key for extended periods though. :worship: