the Hendrix thread

another one of those great mixgrafix anectodes...priceless!!

i have many stories of that kind with jimi's music. =)

here's an excellent suggestion to all fans. im sure this book will make you see this legend in a new light and open up new interpretaions of his music:

519XYJCD5JL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

his biography by the famous music critic, charles r cross.

jimi was born to play the guitar. he came from a poor family so the time he started listening to music on the radio, he didnt have an instrument and couldt play...so he would practice with his broom in his room...just like the air-guitar. while he played along to songs on the radio on his broom-guitar, with out any training of course, his friends would say that he somehow did resemble what was playing played. fascinating.

another interesting bit: if jimi had lived just a bit longer, he and miles davis were gonna record an album together. they had started practicing at jimi's house. one of jimi's friends who happened to live with him at the time said while jimi and miles were practicing in jimi's room, "the most beautiful sounds he had heard in his life were coming from behind the door." =( such a shame

I think he's dissing dm in favor of Hendrix. Personally I see no challenge posed by either to the other.

I love death metal, and know it has a place in the great wide open world of musical styles. I am dissing the acne laden 18 year old virgin that has no clue about the ability to feel other genre's of music later in life, and that death metal is all that matters to them.

Jimi is guitar.

Someday you death metal haters will get tired of 260 bpm screaming chaos (most likely when you are trying to get laid for the first time), and pop some Jimi in, and let the master of the guitar explain to you how the instrument is meant to be played.

Mix

FFS just because we arent in love with some guitarist that died decades ago doesnt mean everything we listen to is fucking metuuul.

I love death metal, and know it has a place in the great wide open world of musical styles. I am dissing the acne laden 18 year old virgin that has no clue about the ability to feel other genre's of music later in life, and that death metal is all that matters to them.

Jimi is guitar.

Goddam, I never listen to death metal anymore and agree that most who still do exclusively over a certain age are degenerates, but I still want to punch you in the face for this. It's entirely possible to have legit taste in music and not enjoy listening to Jimi fuckin Hendrix.

Someday you death metal haters will get tired of 260 bpm screaming chaos (most likely when you are trying to get laid for the first time), and pop some Jimi in, and let the master of the guitar explain to you how the instrument is meant to be played.

Mix

I bet you are still a virgin. pathetic macho rant you got there. Pull the trigger. Faggot.

i don't understand why people continue to diss MixGrafix. sure, I used to diss him as well, but then i realized that he is mentally handicapped. just think about it. his inability to construct a logical paragraph, his avatar picture... just leave him be, he has enough trouble doing the things that most people take for granted, like putting on their pants in the morning.

"death metal haters" I think was intended to read as "death metal fans that are hating on Jimi."

Anyway, where are all the ANUS trolls to tell us that Jimi Hendrix is black and influential and thus almost killed rock n roll until Varg made the first pure white (aka black) metal and saved it from the brink of extinction?

Good statement! I too was waiting for some idot to say something like that. Unfortunately, there are those ingrates in this world that would comply with that ridiculous theory. Anyway, this Mixgrafix character took way too much space in saying that the "greatest" guitar song ever is "Machine Gun." Your post should have been directly to the point, not about your fucked -up batteries, your starry nights and hammocks. I want your thoughts on Hendrix and nothing more. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Your post should have been directly to the point, not about your fucked -up batteries, your starry nights and hammocks. I want your thoughts on Hendrix and nothing more. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

he has a tendency to brag about things. remember when he offered us to eat at his house for thanksgiving, was there a reason to post pictures of your new house other than to show it off?

Your post should have been directly to the point, not about your fucked -up batteries, your starry nights and hammocks. I want your thoughts on Hendrix and nothing more. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

chill, what is wrong with you actually? he posts personal messages embellished with anectodes for a change while many others just type "it sux," "it slayz." i like his style and there is nothing wrong with him at all

chill, what is wrong with you actually? he posts personal messages embellished with anectodes for a change while many others just type "it sux," "it slayz." i like his style and there is nothing wrong with him at all

Agreed. The forum is more entertaining with you, Mix. BloodSword, you sound so cranky...

i don't understand why people continue to diss MixGrafix. sure, I used to diss him as well, but then i realized that he is mentally handicapped. just think about it. his inability to construct a logical paragraph, his avatar picture... just leave him be, he has enough trouble doing the things that most people take for granted, like putting on their pants in the morning.

im sure you will slam me for this...but who is your avatar picture of? it looks like a young gleason. but im probably wrong.

I think you add a lot to this forum as well. And to all the kiddo's out there that think I am a retard, and about inviting people to my house (and showing pictures of it) for Thanksgiving last year, I work hard and I am proud of my accomplishments in life, and even if you hated my guts and you needed place to crash, or a bus ticket, or a hand out I would help you. That is the way my family raised me....for the better good and not the better greed.

And for the haters..go up the stairs from the basement to get mommy and have her change your poopy diapers and chill out.

I wear velcro shoes too.