the Hendrix thread

Good statement! I too was waiting for some idot to say something like that. Unfortunately, there are those ingrates in this world that would comply with that ridiculous theory. Anyway, this Mixgrafix character took way too much space in saying that the "greatest" guitar song ever is "Machine Gun." Your post should have been directly to the point, not about your fucked -up batteries, your starry nights and hammocks. I want your thoughts on Hendrix and nothing more. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Correction. I never said that Machine Gun was the best guitar song ever.

Okay. Jimi Hendrix music is great.

That better Mr. Bloodsword?

I think you add a lot to this forum as well. And to all the kiddo's out there that think I am a retard, and about inviting people to my house (and showing pictures of it) for Thanksgiving last year, I work hard and I am proud of my accomplishments in life, and even if you hated my guts and you needed place to crash, or a bus ticket, or a hand out I would help you. That is the way my family raised me....for the better good and not the better greed.

And for the haters..go up the stairs from the basement to get mommy and have her change your poopy diapers and chill out.

lol make up your mind are you an asshole or a humanitarian ffs

I think you add a lot to this forum as well. And to all the kiddo's out there that think I am a retard, and about inviting people to my house (and showing pictures of it) for Thanksgiving last year, I work hard and I am proud of my accomplishments in life, and even if you hated my guts and you needed place to crash, or a bus ticket, or a hand out I would help you. That is the way my family raised me....for the better good and not the better greed.

And for the haters..go up the stairs from the basement to get mommy and have her change your poopy diapers and chill out.

you're missing the point, the fact that you posted tons of pictures of your new house just went to show that the whole mission of your thanksgiving invite was to show off your new house. theres no debating it, if you were really a caring person who wanted as many less fortunate people to spend a nice thanksgiving at your house, then what your house looks like should have nothing to do with it. to me that shows GREED.

Jimi Hendrix was the greatest electric guitarist who ever lived. You have to listen to all of his stuff, all the studio albums, live albums, rare takes, jams, random live recordings, etc. to understand this. Without him, who knows if metal would even exist or be nearly the way it is today. He was around before Zeppelin, before Sabbath, before Deep Purple. He paved the way for noise and experimental aspects in popular rock music. He paved the way for heavier guitar-driven rock music. He paved the way for a new kind of music that melded Blues, rock/pop, R&B, soul, funk, and psychedelia into a style all its own.
Here are some great songs, rare and well-known, that I think truly highlight his genius and mastery of the electric guitar:
Machine Gun- from Band of Gypsys album
Star Spangled Banner- Woodstock
Woodstock Improvisation/Villanova Junction- Woodstock
Room Full of Mirrors- Disc 3 of "Jimi Hendrix Experience" boxset
Look Over Yonder- South Saturn Delta
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)- Electric Ladyland of course

you're missing the point, the fact that you posted tons of pictures of your new house just went to show that the whole mission of your thanksgiving invite was to show off your new house. theres no debating it, if you were really a caring person who wanted as many less fortunate people to spend a nice thanksgiving at your house, then what your house looks like should have nothing to do with it. to me that shows GREED.

I understand what your are saying, and it kind of bums me out that people think I am a greedy snob here, when that is the last thing I am. When you buy a house you want to show it off, just like if you have a baby or get a new pet, or buy a new guitar, you want to show other people. I know they are different things, but I like I said, I am proud of my accomplishments, but I am now seeing the point that it can be construed as braggadocio. You have to at least see the fact that I did open my home to people for the day of sharing and giving thanks among the my fellow Opethians. ( I do have an open tradition of inviting anyone who does not have a place to go for Thanksgiving, whether rich or poor, young or old to come over and not be alone on the holiday. ) And where else could you have had Thanksgiving dinner and watched Lamentations on the big screen at the same time? And keeping with the thread, maybe next year I will get a live Jimi dvd and after dinner we will watch that.

Mix

I think most can agree Lothlorien is being a purist prick here and you're clearly full of yourself but sound like a well-meaning, decent enough guy.

Also, whoever said that "anyone who dislikes Jimi Hendrix is a piece of shit" is terrible, ban immediately kthx

I think most can agree Lothlorien is being a purist prick here and you're clearly full of yourself but sound like a well-meaning, decent enough guy.

Also, whoever said that "anyone who dislikes Jimi Hendrix is a piece of shit" is terrible, ban immediately kthx

purist prick? im just stating my opinion and what is pretty much obvious wank.

I mean like, you're like "oh it is perfectly fine and dandy to have people over for thanksgiving but as soon as you post pictures of it YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON!" Like, sure, he's somewhat of a showoff in said situation but it's not like he was actually being a dick. I've never really noticed him before this thread though so maybe you have more reason to hate him, who knows.

I mean like, you're like "oh it is perfectly fine and dandy to have people over for thanksgiving but as soon as you post pictures of it YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON!" Like, sure, he's somewhat of a showoff in said situation but it's not like he was actually being a dick. I've never really noticed him before this thread though so maybe you have more reason to hate him, who knows.

i dont remember calling mix a TERRIBLE PERSON!! i stated that him showing pictures of his house was greedy and show-offish. i dont doubt the fact that he'd accept someone into his house for thanksgiving, but showing pictures of his new house to me was cocky and pointless. you seem to be reading more into this wank, i cant see why.:)

Correction. I never said that Machine Gun was the best guitar song ever.

Okay. Jimi Hendrix music is great.

That better Mr. Bloodsword?
Yeah, that's better. Sorry, I am a bit cranky these days. Oh, fuck I just shit myself and got poopy diapers. Well, now I'll just take a pain med, hit the bong and maybe my behaviour will be more acceptable. What's good for some, isn't good for others I guess. Mr. Mix should be proud of his accomplishments, and I never meant to disparage him. I stated that it just took too long for him to get to the point. Now, it's taken me too long to get to the point, sorry must be that "sticky purple and red"

On second thought, some of you people are fuckin' petty. This is a music forum, where music is discussed, not a social skills seminar. I will apologize to Mr. Mix, as I said, my intention was not to disparage. And I wish him and everyone here all the best. Some of you are just unbelievable, look hard at yourselves before you make accusations. I'd be willing to bet that if we sat down and burned one end to end, had a beer, all this stuff would'nt add up to anything. As pointed out, I will try and be more resilient. Maybe others should do the same. By the way, "Machine Gun" IS the greatest guitar song ever, imo. Give me examples of a better guitar song?

the intro to little wing is proof of hendrix's genius

also re: stevie ray vaughn's cover: it SUCKS. srv took one of jimi's most beautiful songs and turned it into a pentatonic wank festival

the intro to little wing is proof of hendrix's genius

also re: stevie ray vaughn's cover: it SUCKS. srv took one of jimi's most beautiful songs and turned it into a pentatonic wank festival

Jimi Hendrix's guitar style is based from the blues. He would almost always play his solo's from either the minor or major pentatonic scale or the blues scales.