The Hobbit - The Dwarves have been revealed...

I watched Fellowship the other night again (not going to start counting the times). Extended version of course. No BluRay yet ;)

Anyhow, it's interesting what the blogger wrote about the books. I agree with him, for the most part. I too wish that the characters in the movies were more like the characters in the book. Now, there's no need for that to be the case, as the movies are outright amazing, and probably the most rewatchable of my adult life. But I'm always curious about why decisions are made and if they ought to be made. Over the last 2 years I've argued that a movie owes little to the author of the book, and that a great book is great beyond just its story but also the way it is told. You cannot tell a great story in movie form the same way it is in book form, as other constraints and factors exist. So, either, one says that no book should become a movie, or one accepts that a movie can be different from the book, still do the books justice, and yet one can appreciate each seperately, including, having characters with different traits. For example, in the books Legolas is the silly one and Gimli is more serious. Why the switch? I don't know. But I bet it works better on screen.

I'm greatly looking forward to the new movies, no matter what changes are made.