The how old are you thread

Belgar

The Wallonian Redneck.
Since it seems like most of the AA members are apparently off highschool or middle school for lack of better term and while others like me seem to be taking the highway to work every morning starting at 6am in order for us to buy our daily load of mead and sardines Whats everybody's age on this damn AA forum?
I am 25 going on 26. Also, anybody going to the Milwaukee fest pls, let me know, we could meet up there this July.

Belgar said:
I am 25 going on 26. Also, anybody going to the Milwaukee fest pls, let me know, we could meet up there this July.

Damn Belgar, you're old, can you even headbang yet or hear the live music? What are you doing still listening to Metal? Time to switch to easy listening oldies kind of stuff like the latest Opeth effort.

spaffe said:
i'm 19 and apparently ripe enough to be picked by the army which i will serve for some seven months starting in late august :)

I'd only have to be 5 min. in the Army before they'd kick me out :tickled:

spaffe said:
i'm 19 and apparently ripe enough to be picked by the army which i will serve for some seven months starting in late august :)

Sweden has an army? :p You could say the same about where I am from in Belgium. They stopped military service due to budgetary problems a year before I turned 18. How sweet was that. Military service was a year long which for many was a wasted year because you would go to the service and come back and have to finish highschool. Once you go to the service you ain't the same as you were before.

Belgar said:
Sweden has an army? :p You could say the same about where I am from in Belgium. They stopped military service due to budgetary problems a year before I turned 18. How sweet was that. Military service was a year long which for many was a wasted year because you would go to the service and come back and have to finish highschool. Once you go to the service you ain't the same as you were before.

I remember in Denmark you had to be called into an Army-test where they tested you for your health, ball size etc. If you passed it you had to be taken into the army BUT you could also refuse which meant you had to do "punshiment-work" like at a kinder garten for a long time.

Patric said:
I remember in Denmark you had to be called into an Army-test where they tested you for your health, ball size etc. If you passed it you had to be taken into the army BUT you could also refuse which meant you had to do "punshiment-work" like at a kinder garten for a long time.
Sounds like Germany where if you don't want to do the military service you can serve the public service (drive old people around town,....)

Belgar said:

well for me it's not entirely wasted time since i'm not sure what to do now that i'm out of school anyway. i don't feel like starting to study again, that'll have to wait a year or so. but it's kind of annoying that when i first got to the military test center i was certain i did not want to do miliarty service and got a really lousy score on the intelligence tests on purpose, think i got 3 of 10 hehe, but the next day i had changed my mind and did well on the fysical stuff . so they decided i was a perfect truck-driver :D
i don't thnik drving trucks will be that bad but what bothers me is that my truck-driving mates will probably be real goons that did their best at the intelllgence and got the same score as i but not intentionally :)

np: limbonic art - pits of the cold beyond