the "I dont give a f*ck to LOTR" thread

Count me in. For more info check me post on the Anathema board... I'm gonna watch it this weekend though. Me best mate will kill me if I don't!!!

crazy2.gif

To be honest I think it is all a bit over-rated and over-hyped. I haven't read the books so maybe that would helps but I found the first movie to be: travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters etc. for 3 hours. Hopefully the other 2 movies will develop the story more.

Visually stunning though and I would think it was amazing if I was about 10. Didn't care about plot at that age.

Originally posted by apex nemesis
...: travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters - travel - fight monsters - kill monsters etc. ..
it's like you're talking about computer game ;) and IT'S NOT like that!!

The Fellowship didn't have that many battle scenes afterall, now did it? Yous probly should watch the extended ed. for better journey, but since you don't give a fuck at the first place, why bother?

it's like you're talking about computer game and IT'S NOT like that!!

Actually since you mention that I remember sitting in the cinema thinking that the movie was just like watching a computer game.

I never said I didn't give a fuck. I did enjoy it but mainly visually and I will go and watch TTT. I just thought it dragged a bit.

i tried to read the books, i couldn't go through the 100th page of the first book. i watched the first movie, it was good but i don't really like movies, so it did nothing to me, it didn't really changed my life. if i get a cute girl to invite me to the theater [like for the first movie hehe], i might go :p

the first 100 pages are hard when you read it without knowing anything about it, i know. But it gets really brilliant after that. Maybe you give it another try now that you have watched the first movie

Look: when I read the book i was amazed by it grandly!!! Best I ever read. I read a 2nd time 3 years ago... marvellous it is.
Now with such a huge movie I was dead interested... I went and was amazed, because of the good story that's kept in it, great special effects (with the dragonfirework pe) and good acting.
It's rather normal then that I'm crazy 'bout it.

Are there peeps who read the book and are not liking the movie?

it somehow reminds me of that reality/poetry discussion we had. i'm not really attracted by fantasy, i prefer down to earth doom.