The Inevitable Favorite NitND Track Thread!

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
One person even had the audacity to call them "a Chevelle ripoff band, but not heavy enough to be as good as them".

!

Now, the real answer to this is locking them in a room and playing brave murder day for 24 hours straight, with stuff from dance of december souls in between.

Seriously. Ignorance pisses me off.

vocals simply "do not belong with this style of music". People have said that there is no dynamics in his voice, no emotion, no passion, no variety...nothing.

My fan heart bleeds.

Edit:
I had to look up chevelle on youtube cos I have never heard of them.. and thats just.. no. What do people think?!

Well I admittedly like some songs by Chevelle, but I do not agree with anyone saying that Katatonia sounds anything like Chevelle. I feel Katatonia is far better musically (and vocally....at least Jonas doesn't scream near as much...but apparently most people I talked to believe that's what makes him sound "boring"). :rolleyes:
Jack

I chose 'new night', but forsaker, departer, ashen, onward into battle, and liberation are also excellent songs. Only songs I really don't feel are the promise of deceit and nephilim.

Related to the things discussed above:

Someone recently reacted to Dissolving Bonds and Unfurl with: "best of Kuschelrock meets progrock"

(Kuschelrock is a softrock compilation filled with sugar and spunk)