The Iron MaidenS last night!

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Well, last night was a ton o' fun. JayKeeley and I got to the venue with plenty of time to spare, picked up my tickets, and went and grabbed a bite to eat.

Then we got inside, located the MaidenS tour manager, who was glad to show us downstairs/backstage, where we interviewed Bruce Chickenson for oh, I don't know, a little special thang we got coming up.

Outside during a break, as we waited for the MaidenS, a cab pulled up and who should get out but Angela Gossow, Mike & Chris Amott of Arch Enemy! Woah, that was surreal, hanging out at a dingy club in New York City to see 3/5 of Arch Enemy get out of a cab. Sweet.

Then the Maidens ruled, playing so many of the classics we all want to hear and never will again (well, not from the originals, at least). And it was encore time. So somebody by the name of Alex Skolnick jumped on stage? Anyone ever hear of him? ;) "The Trooper" never sounded so good!

What a night!

I learned three things:

The Iron Maidens played everything to a tee. Seriously phenomenal to a packed little crowd.

Alex Skolnick can still shred when he wants to. And a nice guy too, even throughout the shouts from me for "Into the Pit". Well, he did play the first four bars, heh!

Angela Gossow is better looking in real life than she is in the pictures. And very approachable, and humble. None of that rock star crap. I mean, the Arch Enemy guys turned up to this hole in the wall gig to see the Maidens whilst in Manhattan for a few hours. That's cool in my book.

Anyway, more details from the upcoming live report.....save the best till later. hehehee.

That's cool, I've been meaning to check out the Iron Maidens but haven't gotten a chance to yet. I love how they pun their names.

Check out Attention Deficit for some great Alex Skolnick material. :)

Demonspell said:
Skolnick doing the Trooper...sounds great. If he ever does another acoustic jazz album of metal covers, he has to include a Maiden tune. :)

You know, he even played it on a Les Paul custom. He hangs it around his lower chest like BB King these days....what a transformation! Still has that tiny streak of white hair protruding too, heh.