The Iron Maidens ~ May 9th gig

I'll definitely make it this Friday, and hopefully, my co-workers will make it as well.

Sadly, this may be the last Maidens show I'll see in a while, as I'll be moving to Seattle early next month.:cry:

What could u possibly have to do on a Friday night that would not let you see The Maidens in your home venue?

What an awesome gig last night. The place was packed and the Maidens were nothing short of stunning. Major props to them and special guest guitarist Phil Campbell of Motörhead. Up the Irons!

05090801.jpg

05090802.jpg

05090803.jpg

05090804.jpg

05090805.jpg

05090806.jpg

05090807.jpg

05090808.jpg

05090809.jpg

05090810.jpg

It looks like Sooty is kicking Wanda in the elbow for getting too close. :lol:

Nice to see the black bass making a trip out. Every G&L owner I know is jealous of that SB-2. o_O It has a beautiful fully flamed maple neck which you can't even ask for when buying a new axe as a custom order. It is the only one like that I seen with that degree of flame.

Jim

Apologies for the sound quality. The mic on my camera sucks.

All camera mics suck. I fought that battle and gave up. You really can't win. Skim around YouTube for any amateur digital camera shot concert footage, the audio, with almost no exception, sucks.

Now I run a Zoom H-2 to record the show and replace the lame camera audio. Losfer is the only one so far with it. The original camera audio was about as bad as yours.

The Zoom is intended to handle the loud audio of live music where a regular camera is just ambient room and voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda - is your neck still bothering you?? Or have you just gotten accustomed to wearing a scarf when playing?

Scarf - LOL! I wish that was the case. Due to the injuries from that accident last year in May on the way to the Galaxy gig, I have to wear the neck collar from now on whenever I play out until the day comes I actually end up having surgery, which I would like to avoid as long as humanly possible. :yuk: That thing gets soaked after a set! It makes a great weapon! LOL!

Scarf - LOL! I wish that was the case. Due to the injuries from that accident last year in May on the way to the Galaxy gig, I have to wear the neck collar from now on whenever I play out until the day comes I actually end up having surgery, which I would like to avoid as long as humanly possible. :yuk: That thing gets soaked after a set! It makes a great weapon! LOL!

Wow, that sucks!!! I can't imagine it's very comfortable to wear and must get really hot and itchy throughout the set. :erk:

Well, thanks again for another great show! I thought it was one of The Maidens best performances. Maybe 'cause the sound was so good, and everyone played impeccably (as usual!). Who knows? I thought it was awesome. And it was cool to see Phil Campbell jamming onstage with the band. He's another Rock and Roll hero, whom, along with Michael Kenney and Derek Riggs, The Maidens have brought out for the fans. Thanks for that!