The Iron Maidens @ Second Wind Bars (Santee), March 27

Like Chris said it was a great show as usual. It's always double fun
with being with him in the front :) Also Wanda's birthday card made by
him was awesome. We, the crowd , tried to celebrate her new age.

Sataru was really great. Filling Sara's shoes is a very hard job, Dave's parts
are always essentialfor Maiden's music and she did pretty good job. Sara is being missed a lot ofcourse. I wish it didn't end like this.

The set was good. My faves were as always Phantom and KIllers and Wickerman. I love when Maidens play newer songs, from AMOLAD or
BNW ( even from Fear of The Dark ) so Wickerman was a treat. I saw it
only a couple times at most from Maidens if my memory serves me
correctly.

Given that Sataru is a guest guitarist it was pretty awesome that
she nailed everything with so little practice time together. Only
noticable thing was that the second verses of Wrathchild got skipped altogether.

I wish Courtney played longer solo before Moonchild, like she did in
El Cajon. The passage from solo to Moonchild with synth effects a la
Adrian is awesome.

Kristen did an AMAZING job with Killers. The beginning screams were
phenomenal.

The set was

Aces
2 Min
Wasted
Boots
Flight
Wickerman
Killers
Wrathchild
Accacia
Trooper
Number
Phantom
Moonchild
Evil
Hills

The first band that opened , disater magnet was very good.
I liked their riffing. The second band's singers vocie was good but
he was screaming very much and it was hard to listen.

Maiden Thanks again for the great show. I can't wait for the next.

I agree with my buddy Asterothe...Kirsten on Killers was especially awesome. She's got a terrific voice, but that song especially....well...there was just something special in that one.

Wanda - Happy birthday again! Hope the card thing didn't freak you out too much...haha. I wasn't hitting on you, I promise...lol. I just thought it would be nice to give something back for a change, since you ladies have brought so many memorable shows to us. :) Sadly...only after I printed it, I sa a couple glaring thing needing fixing that didn't show on my monitor...too late to fix...sorry...haha!

Linda - Dare I say that you seemed to be having a LOT of fun last night...more than I've ever seen you have. You're usually looking like you're having a great time...but last night EVERY time I looked back at you, you were smiling HUUUUUGE and obviously interacting with people in the ecrowd....and it was contagious!

Oh...and Courtney dear....you were awesome. You always play Adrian's parts brilliantly...but something was a little different last night. I don't know if you feel you're taking on a little more responsibility now being the senior guitarist...but you came even more out of your shell last night...stage presence-wise...and it was awesome to see. I saw and felt more passion and emotion from you up there, than usual, and you usually set the bar pretty high anyway. I'm sure some guys who don't see the ladies very much, just see a pretty face up there, but it's always been clear that your talent was intense...and you have really solidified yourself into the band....and I hope you're with them for years to come.

Edit: P.S. ... Courtnry...I call "bullshit" on your claim of being shy...LOL!

I'm afraid I must disagree Kirsten....clearly I'm taking the longest trip getting there ;)

New Rule: If you can't get Iron Maiden to play in your backyard....get The Iron Maidens! :kickass:

I must hold a close second then, a few years back (3?) the gals played about 4.3 miles from my front door, at the Grail in Heutter. Twas a splendid time, Heather was playing H, and Aja was belting out the vocals.:headbang:

I might have had a few drinks :kickass: and I know the girls did after the set. It was splendid to meet the new lineup and chat.

Hahaha, oops!!! If that's the worse balls up you make Court, you're lucky! :lol: Never seen you miss a note...ever!

At one Maiden Scotland gig, Liam (Dave) was doing his usual widdlefest in the middle of Iron Maiden and completely forgot where he was in the song and started to play the main riff again instead of the mid section riff. The rest of the band were looking at him going, "What the fuck are you doing?!?!?!?" whilst I was pissing myself laughing!! I love bloopers onstage, it cracks me up!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/coondogtheheadbanger#p/a/u/1/BakMxqDecJ8

hahahahahahaha such a blooper! hhAHA that newer version of the boosta grande feeds back alot... i have to switch back to my old blue one... i would have kept going but i lost focus... haha you can see it on my face haha its the little funny things like this that make being a musician the greatest thing in the world...haha

This is great. I witnessed this from 2 ppl left. Funny thing
later in the video I get to see myself too. We will passionately for the
next show for the solo :)

hahahahahahaha such a blooper! hhAHA that newer version of the boosta grande feeds back alot... i have to switch back to my old blue one... i would have kept going but i lost focus... haha you can see it on my face haha its the little funny things like this that make being a musician the greatest thing in the world...haha

That was the alarm tone on the new models... it warns you when your frets are about to melt and your fretboard to burst into flame from hyper-shredding! :headbang:

Well, you're talking to the Queen of Bloopers here. :p I've had some onstage moments to rival Spinal Tap for sure! :zombie::erk::Smug::lol::p

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";8998576 said:
Well, you're talking to the Queen of Bloopers here. :p I've had some onstage moments to rival Spinal Tap for sure! :zombie::erk::Smug::lol::p

ROFLOL. I can just see you wandering around in that teeny "backstage" (or rather really side stage) area in Santee's Second Wind, pretending to be lost, pumping your fist, and shouting "Rock And ROllll!!!!". :lol:

Don't look up, Kirsten...or the giant stone pi symbol will hit you! :lol:

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";8999458 said:
Heh, heh... If only my bloopers were as tame as that... :oops: :loco: :lol:

Just remember this....you're a terrific singer...and if you ever forget that, WE will remind you quickly....so...when you flub a lyric...or forget some lyrics...remember even the mighty Bruce himself does it, and more often than people realize. Most people don't go to multiple shows. I saw them 15 times just in the last two tours, and youd be amazed at how many times he mixes up words

We already love you up there...so when it happens, laugh at yourself with us....have fun...and get back to kicking our asses up there! :kickass: