the Kalmah Sound...

Revenant

Suodeth
Apr 18, 2002
Wooster, Ohio
I was just wanting to know what setup the guys use to get their sound. I know they use line6 and Jackson stuff but I mean as far as effects. Also,what pickups do you guys use and what settings are your amps? I'm wanting to capture somewhat the same sound because i'm in a band who's biggest influences are Kalmah and Arch Enemy... Thanks...

We use also Marshall on gigs due to the heavy expences from carrying our own equipment on stage. By this I mean flights. Basically, Pekka uses Randall, Antti uses Line6, Lede uses Mesa Boogie with ESP cabinets, Pasi uses Korg and Kusmin uses Tama drums.

Originally posted by Kalmah
There is no big secrets in our sound. We don`t use any special effects. All I can say is that my Jackson has non-typical Jackson sound. It`s very dark.

Oh I'm really excited to see Kalmah answering posts.I've both your swamplord album last year after a month it was released.I wanna thank you for making this great album.I also have your ''they will return'' album and it's as great as ''swamplord''.You are really very very fast and great.I'm grateful to you.My only wish is that please don't give up this technical and harmonic perfectness in your upcoming albums that I'm waiting for.That's like a dream for now but it would be fantastic to see you while giving a concert in Istanbul.Thank you guys...:)