The KatagoryV ProgPower experience

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
Hey all!

We are on Day Four of our weekend at ProgPower. I'm hanging with the KatV guys (when they aren't busy hanging with the other famous people), and it has been an awesome weekend so far!!! Lessee, amusing stories I can share...

Redemption, Nightwish, and Rage are staying in our hotel. Those able to wake up early Friday morning were graced with Nightwish's presence at the Breakfast buffet here.

I keep running into the Pagan's Mind guys. They have been overwhelmed by all of the hospitality and well wishing fans ever since they arrived. They were quite suprised to see more than a few people with their first album in hand to sign (never released in the US as far as they know, so these people are buying them at import prices).

Matt was able to hang with Jon Oliva (apologies if I have the spelling wrong), the guy from Savatage. He's quite happy now to say the least (actually he's asleep at the moment, but I'm sure he'll be up shortly).

The Kat V guys ruled onstage, and made quite a few new fans on Thursday. Stride and Prymary were also awesome of course. It would have been better if the new album was ready, but at least some new people will be keeping their eyes open for it's release.

Dustin (who seems to know everyone sometimes) has been caught hanging with the likes of Dick Van Dyk, and many others (sorry that I can't remember them all - I just woke up!!!).

Friday's lineup did quite well. I of course was there to see Redemption, who definitely did not disappoint. Mercenary, Vanden Plas, Nighwish, and Symphony X (in that order) then took the stage, and all did quite well. Lynn and I were quite impressed with Nightwish in particular...

I managed to score a second Gold Badge for Ruined Luna (who hangs out here), so he was quite happy. His joy only increased when he was able to score a copy of the new Iron Maiden album from The End Records (who have a table at the venue).

More after we get back, but in the meantime, it is awesome to be here!!!
:hotjump:

Well, it was an awesome weekend!!! I'll let Dustin share the juicy details, but I will post my pics as well as soon as I get them all uploaded.

I'm still in a state of euphoria/shock about the whole thing... thanks to everyone I met/hung out with - your hospitality, etc. is very much appreciated.

If you haven't been - DEFINITELY try to go to the next ProgPower. This is a truly great festival and one of the few places where the musicians are so easily accessable...

A couple of KatV shots I took over the weekend (I have 149 photos to sort through and work, so please be patient - I'll get all of them up in the next couple of weeks).

Click on pic for larger version

Hey Mr. Toast, thanks for posting the feedback on the show and some of the excellent Photos! Also, Thanks Henry for the good times, they never seem to last long enough :cry: there's a good chance of us coming out to the bay area in the early spring if all works out, so we'll be drinking together again soon (hopefully!)
:kickass:

I am finally getting caught up with things back on the homefront and will be saying a few words about our time in Atlanta very soon here and on the website... :wave:

I would also like to take a moment right now and thank Mr. Toast for all his help in making things run smoothly for us on Thursday, being our gear transportation, video taping some of the songs live, taking photos and doing his best to keep his sanity with five crazy guys! Thanks man! :worship:

\m/
Dustin