The King Must Die - Mid Life(crisis) Metal!

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
This band is cool and hilarious at the same time. They play what the singer calls call mid-life metal. That's men in their mid 40s hanging out and playing aggro metal to let off steam. I guess they are coming at you from the same sorta angle as Adrenaline Mob but with a more thrashier and cooler old school style. The frontman cusses like a gangsta rapper but the music is actually rather enjoyable if you don't take it to seriously and use it as a letting off steam music yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:
the music is fantastic, but his vocal delivery doesn;t seem to go with the flow of the music...

the music is fantastic, but his vocal delivery doesn;t seem to go with the flow of the music...

hehe you found vocal problems in each thread today. I don't hear this lack of flow. I think his spoken shouted vocals are pretty funny and cool plus he looks like a complete nutter so it all makes for an interesting band to listen to once in a while. I don't know how the other songs will turn out though so this could be something one listens to a couple of times and soon forgets about.

hehe you found vocal problems in each thread today. I don't hear this lack of flow. I think his spoken shouted vocals are pretty funny and cool plus he looks like a complete nutter so it all makes for an interesting band to listen to once in a while. I don't know how the other songs will turn out though so this could be something one listens to a couple of times and soon forgets about.

didn't like any of them....not my types....:Shedevil:

Not the only one who didn;t care for them

Its not bad. I think mid-life metal is a good description. The lyrics sound like they could have one of the members kids for the daddy to play.

This could have been in a big deal in the early 90s, alongside bands like Wrathchild America, Gothic Slam, etc....
Kind of the precursor to groove metal, I guess......

Yeah, growing old sucks man!