the Knife In Christ recording session

Ronnie_Rocker

Mar 21, 2006
sweden
www.ronniebjornstrom.com
we are almost finished up with the knife session. its just vocals left to record. here are som pics and some music!

here is the drumsamples used on recording. Davids tama drums
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/2/449459/Tama%20Starclassic%20birch%20shell.rar

amps used: Engl Powerball & Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier.
Ampeg SVT head w/ Ampeg 4x10 cab

tha music, without vocals.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/2/449459/Knife%20mp3s.rar

please comment! always nice with some reviews :)

David is setting up his drums
DSCN0965.jpg

DSCN0967.jpg

DSCN0968.jpg

mics are up!
DSCN0971.jpg

me, setting up tracks in pro tools.
DSCN0972.jpg

ludvig, playing "slask gitarr", as we say in sweden.
DSCN0978.jpg

view from the controlroom
DSCN0981.jpg

some pics after the drumsession
DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

Sounds fucking great! Nice drumsounds and the songs are cool too. Somehow reminds me of Deicide, except with more technical riffs. Guitar leads in song 4 have some Necrophagist influences.
Are you planning to post the songs with vocals later?

I really enjoyed this. The music is extremely well performed. The guitar sound is very cool as well. What are the guitars tuned to? (nice Schecter, btw!) What mic technique? Single? Double?

I'm just wondering if the mixes might be a little too scooped? I'm wondering how these sound out of a studio and on a home or car system. There's a lot of bottom end, might cause problems. But, I could be totally wrong! As long as it translates well, go for it!

As for drums, I'd love to hear a mix with no samples under them to see if the drummer can really deliver the goods. Call me old fashioned. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of those new Evans EC2 heads. I've tried them & find they kill a little too much of the "fun stuff" in a tom sound. Just personal preference.

Overall, some really great work. Very clean mixes, & well performed stuff. What more can you ask for?

-0z-

I definitly like. Can't really say anything bad on awhile as it sounds to me like its all ready to be put to CD. Would like to hear the vocals because the riffs are pretty damn good. Might have to pick up the album when its done.

Call me old fashioned. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of those new Evans EC2 heads. I've tried them & find they kill a little too much of the "fun stuff" in a tom sound. Just personal preference.
-0z-

Same here! changed to remo emperors and now it's all good.