The latest official word on the SymX/Devin tour (as of 8/18/03)

that Wisconsin date doesn't look like it will go. Why start in Milwaukee, than go to Seattle? Not trying to burst bubbles. I live in Charlotte, NC. I will have to travel to Atlanta to see them. I hope that is possible for me. All you Wis. people have the Chicago show, that is only like 2 hours by car, not bad. It is 4.5 hours for me to Atlanta.

dreamingneonblack said:
Please don't cancel Milwaukee......We never get shows like this and it bothers me that Romeo says some of the ones listed aren't logistically possible. That usually means Milwaukee will get screwed...
No no no..relax..deep breaths.. ;)

In this instance, 'not logistically possible' means that, as an example, a date on the west coast that's sandwiched between two dates on the east coast is not logistically possible because they can't do both coasts in a 3 day period..that's what that means, not that any city is out of luck because of any other reason. So there is hope, do not despair! :)

Lady of the Oracle said:
No no no..relax..deep breaths.. ;)

In this instance, 'not logistically possible' means that, as an example, a date on the west coast that's sandwiched between two dates on the east coast is not logistically possible because they can't do both coasts in a 3 day period..that's what that means, not that any city is out of luck because of any other reason. So there is hope, do not despair! :)

I hope they get "A GOOD BUS" in their tour contract this time. Man, I felt so sorry for them and the fans out there when that damn bus broke down! :yell:

Man, that sounds really cool. I just hope they come back to Toronto....Jax is there any way you can get them to come back? :p I mean, there wasn't too many people there, well ENOUGH, and we we all really into it and headbangin and moshing so we seriously appreciate them. Maybe if you could spread the word....hehe...

Cheers :D

Reactions: Space Rabies
I hope the Milwaukee date stays, or they add a Minnesota date. WI folks may be close to Chicago, but I'm in NE Minnesota. So I'm hoping for a MN date, or at least a stop in WI.

I was unable to see them when they came to The Lab because I was under 18 and my parents said no....URGH...but even if I have to drive 6 hours to Milwaukee, I WILL SEE THEM THIS TIME!

Ive never seen Devin perform before. Does his set list include songs off solo albums (Terria, Ocean Machine ect....)

COME TO SIOUX FALLS, SD DAMNIT!!!!

Surreality said:
hmm I heard something about the devin townsend band opening, then symphony x, then some other band, and then SYL. . . either that or devy opening for SymX, yea?

At this point it is believed that Devin Townsend will play before Symphony X, and that Symphony X is headlining.

Pharoah said:
I hope they get "A GOOD BUS" in their tour contract this time. Man, I felt so sorry for them and the fans out there when that damn bus broke down! :yell:

I was one of those, "fans out there". The start time was a mere two hours away when I called 4th & B to ask if there was a crowd outside and how early should we arrive. They didn't come right out and say the band wouldn't be there. They kept hedging and I knew something was up. We did a bit of a dance before they would admit that it was all down the tubes. I did hear that they played in San Francisco and didn't charge. I thought that was incredible.

I hope they make it to San Diego, but this time I'll have tickets for San Diego and all surrounding realms as well. ;)

Aug. 18: Talked to Romeo briefly today & he said he'd try to get the official confirmed list of tourdates to me this week, it seems the list they have recieved keeps changing (they've gotten new lists every few days for a couple of weeks now). He said some of the dates listed on various places on the web were inevitably going to end up being incorrect once they finish their confirmed list..so stay tuned.