The Leak! is out

refuse/resist, I won't fail, I will wait the release, and I will be more happier, the happiest it can be
it is my most awaited record of the year, with the new In Flames and the new Insomnium
I have to wait, I respect the work of the band, I will wait the release
I have found some links on the net but I won't download it

I'm gonna wait for the release... i haven't waited for the Nevermore cd's the last few years... and i was kinda not into buying the real thing...

i don't post here often. only the nevermore forum. but seeing the responses from the new album, i'm gonna wait until it is released. and hopefully it will be as amazing as it sounds. I love Severe Emotional Distress. they fucking rule... and I envy Tim Roth

And some people like me just can't resist to download it.Then we are satisfied :OMG: with the record and soon after we regret to have downloaded it because it is not fair from true fans like us to act like this:cry:

Heather Smith said:
Actually we (Century Media) don't even have promos yet. Someone really let the band and all of us, their support network, down! :err:

Hmmmmmmmm - now I'm curious too as I just assumed some reviewer would have leaked a promo copy.................

I personally have no problems with it. If anything it creates even more hype before the media starts to hype it after the release.

That and it's bound to happen - it's one of the joys of the Internet.

Someone probably stole a copy... jackasses

Anyway I actually am liking it but I hope the annoying double bass sound is refined.

Sorry, but I download promo's, I'm impatient and want to hear it, but I usually buy it if I like it so I'm no theif to the music I love, METAL.

the only problem with the new record i found is that the kick overpowers some of the mix. it if were slightly lower it would be better. looks like they were overcomensating for the last album, which didn't have enough kick. but its not THAT bad, and i can deal with it.

also jim, were triggers/samples used on this album? cause i know sneap uses these techniques with other artists...

MetalNoob said:
Someone probably stole a copy... jackasses

Anyway I actually am liking it but I hope the annoying double bass sound is refined.

Sorry, but I download promo's, I'm impatient and want to hear it, but I usually buy it if I like it so I'm no theif to the music I love, METAL.

Man - that kick drum sound OWNS! It's soooo powerful - I think it sounds incredible. Definitley no refining :loco:

zmetallica said:
the only problem with the new record i found is that the kick overpowers some of the mix. it if were slightly lower it would be better. looks like they were overcomensating for the last album, which didn't have enough kick. but its not THAT bad, and i can deal with it.

also jim, were triggers/samples used on this album? cause i know sneap uses these techniques with other artists...

Yuppers - the drums are all samples. I played the parts then all drums were replaced with samples. So was BIO - I had a hard time swallowing the sample thing at first - but it's been pretty standard to use samples for a long time now -and after hearing how awesome the drums sounded in the mix for BIO and now SOA - samples are for sure the way to go. I have a copy of how SOA sounds without samples - it's good - but not as good!

None of the cymbals were touched - they are left as is.

The self titled and DOD are raw - and by comparison - don't sound anywhere near as good IMO!

JimAustin said:
Yuppers - the drums are all samples. I played the parts then all drums were replaced with samples. So was BIO - I had a hard time swallowing the sample thing at first - but it's been pretty standard to use samples for a long time now -and after hearing how awesome the drums sounded in the mix for BIO and now SOA - samples are for sure the way to go. I have a copy of how SOA sounds without samples - it's good - but not as good!
I think the sound itself is fine, I just think Andy mixed them a little hot, like the last Nevermore. But, hey, I'm a guitar player, so hearing drums is a minor issue in my world of mixing. ;)