"The Learning"

IMO,Mariyn Manson are or were very intelligent w/their music.MM puts a lot of metaphors in his lyrics...which is the main simialrity between my story and the bands lyrics,also the whole view on organized religion.I can definately say that I prefer Nevermore over MM,though.MM's music is so bizarre...like all of the different voices on some of the Antichrist Superstar cd are very wierd.And no,there isn't much metal in their music,a lot of the A.S.tracks are just fucked up alternative.But I'm sure we all know that Marilyn Manson is far supirior to some bands today such as Limp Bizkit,Linkin Park,Kid Rock,Papa Roach,Eminem,Nickleback,etc.Agree?
And besides,this thread is about what you think of the story I posted up there,so what do you think of it?

Uuuh. You're a 14-year old chick? Damn, why couldn't I write like that when I was 14 =( *sobs*

MM ain't metal and sure as hell has sold his music to someone else. He used to write good stuff, A.S is pretty good, to bad I sold it... I miss cryptochid... he certainly had inbteresting lyrics...

BTW as far as I'm concerned Warrel must be the only metalsinger who actually write good lyrics.. The lyrics of todays bands seems so pubertal and full of shit.

"The world is an ashtray, we burn and coil like cigarettes" -The Reflecting God... Damn, that one has been stuck in my head since the release of AS

Antichrist Superstar is the only MM cd that I have and I totally love it,those lyrics are definately interesting...so many fucked up metaphors.The other stuff is amusing-Mechanical Animals(one of my friends let me borrow it and I liked it a lot,of course that was when my parents forbade me to listen to MM which made the cd that much better),and Portrait... has some good songs on it.They arent the most metal band that you would find but they are definately something that provokes one to think,wether you agree or disagree w/what he's saying.
Lots of ppl say that my writing is very mature for someone my age.I think some of my stuff about death,vampires and graveyards,etc. scares them.People don't expect a 14 yr old girl to think about things like that,have the writing ability that I have,listen to the music that I do or anything like that,they never think I'm listening,either.I actually think that that's very amusing.
Oh,and I don't think Warrell Dane is the only heavy metal singer who writes good lyrics,though he is one of the best.I would say that Chris Barnes and the other guys of Cannibal Corpse write great lyrics but they definately lack the intelligence of WD,it's all very,very,very violent and perverted gore metalgore metal,which is great,but not really intelligent.Dani Filth is an inspiration to me.I wish I could write stories the way he writes lyrics,he has such a talent for writing dark gothic lyrics,his writing totally amazes me.

I think that Limp Bizkit is one of the bands that has the worst lyrics nowadays.Fred Durst is a fucking moron and all of that bands most popular songs are about "doing it all for the nookie" and breaking ppl's faces w/chainsaws or something...now that would be an idea for a Cannibal Corpse song!I don't understand Linkin Park,I'm sure their lyrics aren't as immature as Limp Bizkit's,but I've just never payed attention to them.Warrell Dane is an incomparable songwriter.I think that Zach de la Rocha from Rage was good becuz he had all of the social concious in his lyrics.But I don't think anyone really cares about that band now.Jon Davis of Korn is writes cool lyrics,but I'm not thinking of getting their new cd yet,I'll have to get their first cd before I get the new one.And,of course,Dani Filth will always be probobly the best heavy metal song writer of all time in my opinion.
(I'm totally suckin' up to CoF,I've even got one of their lyrics as my sig.)

here goes:
marilyn manson- is for sure not metal and never has been. its always been some kind of industrial then kinda pop-industrial. his lyrics are sometimes good and sometimes stupid/dont make sense and are about nothing. mechanical animals is almost all about drugs which is cool.

cannibal corpse-any fucking idiot can write those lyrics. they have to be like the most untalented lyricists ever. those kind of lyrics are the easist to write and are a total cop out in my opinion.

dani filth- that guy is fuckin crazy. i like his lyrics a lot and im sure he had some sort of college or somthing because that guys vocabulary is awesome.

warrel- my favorite singer/lyricist. you know why.

pop music- has really stupid and simple lyrics that repeat themselves a lot so that the idiot kids that have no taste can learn the lyrics quickly, get them stuck in their head, and sing alond every time they hear the fucking thing. pop music is made to be simple and popular.

jon davis- is a fucking loser dont ever say you're going to buy a korn cd! korn has to be one the highest paid no-talent acts out there. the guitars are lame, the bass player just like slaps and only frets the first 2 frets. ever. i wouldnt doubt it if he had all 5 B strings on his bass just in case he missed the lowest one because his bass is draggin on the ground. fuck korn.

whew that feels better.
-neal

Well I'm glad you got all of your anger out,neal :lol:
Okay,Manson is more industrial alternative than anything...you can't really call any of their music "metal".
Cannibal Corpse,on the other hand are definately metal but they lack the intelligence of MM's lyrics.
Dani Filth is the best.He obviously reads a lot of gothic literature and knows Biblical stuff...he writes epic lyrics.
Warrell Dane is incredible,no explaination needed 'cuz it would take too damn long.
Goddamnit,everyone knows what a waste pop music is...except for the pop music fans themselves who deny,deny,deny.
I'm sorry,I just happen to like Korn.The new cd will most likely sell more than all of the others,but it'll probobly be really stupid since MTV is doing a lot of shit to promote it.I think Korn are a good band,though I really don't like their bass player,Fieldy.And Cannibal Corpse could kick Korn's ass but that's not saying much since CC can kick everyone's ass.And Korn can kick a lot of ppl's asses,too.There's a long list.IMO.

Hm.. What pop? Porcupine Tree is considered as Popprogg by some and they have nice personal and ironic lyrics. They are great... And weeping willows. damn. they rock. still "pop"

pop comes from popular so it's a sick name for a genre.. since alot of the pop bands of today aint really popular... and I would put britney spears in another genre... tuggummipop! ;P an exact translation would be chewgum-pop...

There are some pop artists who actually aren't stupid simple lyrics that repeat over 'n over again...I can't really think of any right now becuz that isn't what I listen to...um,Tori Amos,I think.Her and Fiona Apple are pogressive more than pop.Um there's alternative,electronica,goth(some goth,anyway),dance,techno,Britpop and some other uncatagorizable astists but when I say pop music,I'm thinking mainly the boy bands,teen singers,rappers and r&b singers(whatever the hell r&b is).There's a lot of "rock"stuff that is considered pop,too.Green Day,Blink 182,Sugercult,the Calling,Default,Nickleback,and a lot of other "MTV punk"bands...I just came up w/that term,too.

I don't see why pop music has so many different names.It's not like it's heavy metal where there are so many diff'rent kinds of the music because each kind has different elements.Heavy metal,death metal,black metal,hardcore,hard rock,goth metal, classic metal,industrial,rap metal,etc. But w/this huge multitude of pop artists,is there a difference between any one of them that they all have to be so special and get a different name for their music?

well theres a lot of different kinds of music that can be labeled as pop. but i dont care. if its good its good, and if its crap its crap.
-neal

That who idea of how if it's ggod music,it's good but if it's crappy music,it's crappy makes sense.But I'm probobly the first person to admit that I am very narrow minded when it comes to music,so the isn't exactly what I think...well,it is,but it only applies to hard rock and heavy metalThat knid of reminds me of a saying that I made up about "I'd like to be the first one to admit my faults,but you always do it first."About how everyone around me who didn't understand me was quicker to judge me than I was.