The "Let's guess who's the new axeman for COB" Thread

I think he's the right guy for the job. I think his personality bonds well with Alexi. As long as chemistry stays nice it could be a powerful combination. Hope to have some new exciting energy to their act and most of all ambition to the music. I was disappointed he didn't say 'yes' when asked if all his dreams have now come true.

Last edited:
I think he's the right guy for the job. I think his personality bonds well with Alexi. As long as chemistry stays nice it could be a powerful combination. Hope to have some new exciting energy to their act and most of all ambition to the music. I was disappointed he didn't say 'yes' when asked if all his dreams have now come true.
Only two pages ago you were asking "Who the fuck is Daniel Freyberg?" :D Don't know enough of the guy to really have an opinion on him. He's the main guy in Naildown so he might bring some interesting stuff into COB too. AFAIK Roope wasn't much of a composer in either COB or Stone. Daniel might have some effect on the future music as now Alexi is not the only guy in the band capable of creating complete songs and albums.

Only two pages ago you were asking "Who the fuck is Daniel Freyberg?" :D Don't know enough of the guy to really have an opinion on him. He's the main guy in Naildown so he might bring some interesting stuff into COB too. AFAIK Roope wasn't much of a composer in either COB or Stone. Daniel might have some effect on the future music as now Alexi is not the only guy in the band capable of creating complete songs and albums.
Do get bothered by the shit he says. The only thing his head is filled with, are dicks.
So don't expect too much from him. :p

FYI Roope and Janne wrote basically all the music for Stone. Nirri is mentioned as a writer on couple of songs, otherwise it was between the dynamic duo.

first post after years of viewing. he is a good choice but i really want a new naildown album. its been far too long since dream crusher. hopefully people will notice it now.

first post after years of viewing. he is a good choice but i really want a new naildown album. its been far too long since dream crusher. hopefully people will notice it now.
I had to google it but 2007? That is way too long for any band to loiter around doing nothing! :D That's pretty much in the same range as Wintersun. They had their debut album released in 2004 and the next one in 2012. The third one was promised for early 2013, but, well... we're still waiting. :D

I bought them both (Naildown albums) back in the day, haven't listened to them for eternity. The first one has that nice atmosphere (apparently even nostalgia value to me), but the second has that hammering thrash sound that every band went for back then... Well, he can record it on holiday, it's important to do your own art, even if "no-one" will buy it.

The issue with every band that's not selling their records is one common thing: they should increase the atmosphere and make a really distinguished alien soundworld that no-one else has. I ain't buying nothing without a sick atmosphere and fascinating soundworld, there's too much 'noise' out there already.

People want albums that reflect everything emotional about their life in ways their mind alone cannot express. Music is emotions transformed into audio.

Last edited:
So does Freiburg speak Finnish or what's the deal? Naildown is considered a Finnish band for some reason, does he live in Finland?

Anyways, I had to chuckle at this pic

58118_photo.jpg

So does Freiburg speak Finnish or what's the deal? Naildown is considered a Finnish band for some reason, does he live in Finland?

58118_photo.jpg

Daniel became a bit fat. He should give Alexi some of his fat instead. :D

58118_photo.jpg
Sounded quite a bit like Finnish when I translated his interview into English, so my guess is yes, he speaks Finnish. ;)

Also, Swedish is Finland's second official language and there are loads of Finnish people here with Swedish surnames who speak Finnish. I have a pair of friends with a Swedish surname (Both are Finnish though) and they don't even speak Swedish! :D

Havent been here in a while but i have to comment on the new bodom axeman.
I must admit that Naildown - World domination is in my top 7 melodic death album ever as far as it's very similar to HCDC which is my second favorite bodom album.
I wish Alexi & Daniel will make HCDR Part2 in term of energy, anger, speed and atmosphere.

Havent been here in a while but i have to comment on the new bodom axeman.
I must admit that Naildown - World domination is in my top 7 melodic death album ever as far as it's very similar to HCDC which is my second favorite bodom album.
I wish Alexi & Daniel will make HCDR Part2 in term of energy, anger, speed and atmosphere.
Heh, we were talking about you in some thread just a few days ago :D

I've listened to some songs from Naildown through Spotify, and they are really not bad. Got some really good melodies. Sometimes some clean ("weird") singing, but worth to try some songs.

I think he has some good Ideas for the new COB Album