The "Let's guess who's the new axeman for COB" Thread

We Finns pronounce EVERYTHING as it's written. Extremely few exceptions. It's due to this that so many Finns have such a funny accent when speaking English. The habit to pronounce everything as it's written causes interesting situations if you ever happen to talk with someone about something like fantasy books where there are loads of odd names. Danerys Targaryen from GOT, for example, is pronounced roughly Daneerys Taagerian in the show. My pronunciation for it (Had I not seen the show before reading the books) would be a strict Daenerys Targaryen. No silent letters, no altered sounds. Everything is pronounced as it's spelled, no matter how strange the spelling. The only exceptions I can come up with are some very basic names like George etc. which are pronounced as they should be by most but even there there is variation. My grandmother, for example, when reading Harry Potter to me when I was like 6, pronounced George as George, not Goog like it should be pronounced.

Cool, that makes things easy...if only it weren't for the bizarre spelling...

We Finns pronounce EVERYTHING as it's written.
I think we germans aren't that different. The only thing which comes in my mind where we change the pron. of a letter is the e in the middle or at the end of a word like "Abendessen", "gehen" or "lesen". The the e sound like an ä.

Correct me if I'm wrong my german friends, but except of the e, we do also pronounce everything as it's written, or?

I think we germans aren't that different. The only thing which comes in my mind where we change the pron. of a letter is the e in the middle or at the end of a word like "Abendessen", "gehen" or "lesen". The the e sound like an ä.

Correct me if I'm wrong my german friends, but except of the e, we do also pronounce everything as it's written, or?
What little I know of German agrees with you. The way you pronounce most letters is softer / smoother than in Finnish, but then again, I don't know a single language that wouldn't do that.

No try to have fun with French were we absolutly don't pronunce words like they are written, for exemple "Beaucoup" (many) is pronunced "Boku".
And we have so many combinaisons for just one sound:
O -> eau / au / o / ô / eaux / aux /
E -> é / ai / ais / ait / aient / ée / ées / és / et / est (yes it's all ABSOLUTLY the same sound ^^)

And that's just a few exemples XD

No try to have fun with French were we absolutly don't pronunce words like they are written, for exemple "Beaucoup" (many) is pronunced "Boku".
And we have so many combinaisons for just one sound:
O -> eau / au / o / ô / eaux / aux /
E -> é / ai / ais / ait / aient / ée / ées / és / et / est (yes it's all ABSOLUTLY the same sound ^^)

And that's just a few exemples XD
Sounds brilliant :D I knew that Bordeaux is pronounced roughly as Bordoo but not much else. It'd be funny to try putting a Finnish person to read French text aloud and see if a French person understands anything they read.

[Source: Daniel Freybergs Facebook Page]

Hello everybody! Time for a little update.

We're now seven shows in to the tour with COB and It's been a blast. Although the material is quite technical and challenging I feel things are getting smoother every time we hit on the stage. We had a pretty chaotic start at 70k-cruise with truckload of technical issues but ever since the shows have been getting progressively better.

Crowd has been awesome all over the places so big thanks to everybody who came to check us, It's been a pleasure to play with you folks.

Tonight St. Louis, MO. See you there!

Cheers, Daniel

I liked Janne's ugly brother better.
They're all ugly, except Henkka. Daniel is fat, Janne grews more an more into a bald fat pedophile looking dude,
Alexi looks like a thin crack bitch witch and Jaska is just getting old relatively normal. Only Henkka loeks good.

Jaska is still pretty good looking too (my gf has a crush on him XD)
And Janne absolutly looks like I pedophile. I wonder if he doesn't have hair implants.

As for French language. We understand each other thanks to the context and the other syllabes. But it'd be funny to make a finnish dude read french indeed XD

As expected. Those ESP vultures weren't going to let that chance slip by. Perhaps he'll bring out one of his Jacksons for certain tunings.

Am I crazy or does this guitar look like the cheapo Alexi-200 Signature? :D
Switching from that a custom Jackson to a crappy LTD is a big let down.

Hello! Newfag here. Been lurking on and off since the start of the Children of Bodom gear thread.

Someone wrote that Alexis stagebanter is all the same, and i agree. This needs much improvement. It's been the same forever.

But someone who hasn't watched the resurrectionfest gig also lashed out at his musicianship. Something goes wrong with Henkkas transmitter or cable, and a lot of buzzing comes out the PA an people runs around the stage, while Alexi keeps his cool and plays on like a boss. This proves to me what a professional he is.

Well, that's a rule in entertainment. The show must go on. You keep playing pretty much no matter what. Part of it is time, there's just isn't time for 10 minute breaks because the next bands are scheduled to go on stage. And in this case it seemed that Jaska and Janne were trying to buy some time. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with bands taking time to fix stuff. Do you want to hear songs with shitty sound/noise/missing instruments or take a short break?

What can you do, stop playing a song mid-way when the bass breaks, and explain to the crowd 'it's all about the bass'? Even if drums or lead guitar muted they should still go on.