The "Let's guess who's the new axeman for COB" Thread

In about 4 weeks the US leg of the tour starts and the new axeman isn't announced yet. He must practicing and rehearse with the band and when they already have one, why don't they say who it is?

4 weeks? 70000 Tons of Metal is in two weeks and a couple of days. I take it the new guy will start then. I guess they'll stay in Florida the 5 days till the gig in Tampa starts.

But yeah, this is annoying. Are they going to wait till the day before? In the Musicradar interview, Alexi said they didn't have someone yet.
mrs.bodOm said a while back that they already have someone.

4 weeks? 70000 Tons of Metal is in two weeks and a couple of days. I take it the new guy will start then. I guess they'll stay in Florida the 5 days till the gig in Tampa starts.

But yeah, this is annoying. Are they going to wait till the day before? In the Musicradar interview, Alexi said they didn't have someone yet.
mrs.bodOm said a while back that they already have someone.

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/10...bhc.com&artist=Children+of+Bodom&came_from=39
Yeah, I think the same, they don't have anyone. I don't care what mrs.bodom I could also tell that santa clause is the new guitarist.
When they already had one, I bet they would say who he is. So I guess it will be the same situation short after Roopes departure. they'l lperform as a 4 piece unit. At least the metal cruise. But seriously, they can't play a whole tour with only 4 people. COB is supposed to have 2 guitarists.

Or maybe they'll keep Antti for the US tour. I still don't think he will be the new guitarist, but he could surely help out his brother some more. And fans really like him so I guess that'd be ok for everybody.

Or maybe they'll keep Antti for the US tour. I still don't think he will be the new guitarist, but he could surely help out his brother some more. And fans really like him so I guess that'd be ok for everybody.
If I'm not totally wrong they stated that Antti is only aeailable till the end of 2015. After that he is busy with his own band.

Last edited:
just fyi it was early December and he also told me that they'll announce him in less than 2 months. that means we can expect announcement anytime till the end of this month.
I don't care what mrs.bodom I could also tell that santa clause is the new guitarist.
but yeah I'm sorry I shared on the official forum what a band member told me

They never did a show as 4-piece... we would definitely know. Many of their songs have distinct sections for lead and rhythm guitar. They wouldn't go on stage to play and make their music looking weird, it's a professional thing, I don't think anyone does that... at least I've never even heard a band performing without second guitar, bass or vocals... have you? Say if Alexi had a throat infection, they wouldn't even perform without the vocals, tho I could see that being interesting and the fans definitely would enjoy it still especially when they have paid and suddenly a member in the band gets ill.

just fyi it was early December and he also told me that they'll announce him in less than 2 months. that means we can expect announcement anytime till the end of this month.

but yeah I'm sorry I shared on the official forum what a band member told me

Don't be sorry. We appreciate any inside info!

Yeah, me too. I didn't want to offend or blame mrs.bodOm for anything. I meant that probably the band menber just fooled you and told you some shit.

You were a bit too harsh.

Considering that the source wasn't Alexi nor Janne, I trust mrs.bodOm far more than I trust anything Alexi or Janne say in an interview. Are we really to believe that in all the months since Roope is gone they haven't been able to pick someone? I don't think so. I really don't understand the motivation for delaying the announcement so much, unless perhaps the new guy requested it.

no worries. But honestly it didn't seemed like he fooled me cause I wasn't pushing him to tell me. Plus it makes sense that they had come to a final decision by that time cause even back in october (in interviews) they said that they had 2 guys in mind for the spot. As for the delay of the announcement, maybe marketing reasons -but if I'm not mistaken, they also had said that they'll announce him in end of 2015-early 2016. As far as I am concerned January is early 2016, so....

From the band's official facebook page:

"The band is happy to announce the addition of Daniel Freyberg to Children Of Bodom on guitars. Look for him on all upcoming tours!"

wow! I thought Daniel is from Sweden? that's why I ruled him out when Jaska mentioned that the new guy is finnish! :O maybe he was drunk, after all. :p
other than that, who didn't see it coming..

No... No... No.... No... this can't be true... It will be the first time I ever said it in my whole life. I didn't even say it after Blooddrunk. But Children of Bodom is now officially shit.. God. Welcome emos to the once wonderful world of Children of Bodom. Which used to do metal.

Oh my god.. I know it's just a band and I shouldn't get emotional and stuff but this just really EXTREMELY pisses me off ! I'm always looking forwar so much for their next shows, and I will have to headbang to this veincutting bitch. What the holy fuck is wrong with them ! GOD ! rgAZIRGJELIGNHLSIFGNSLDIGNSFDJGISLRJGI?SELRIJFMOSQGJPEGOJE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: RICJAMES
wow! I thought Daniel is from Sweden? that's why I ruled him out when Jaska mentioned that the new guy is finnish! :O maybe he was drunk, after all. :p
other than that, who didn't see it coming..
As I expected, he told you shit. :D
But the good thing is, we know it finally a least. :D

No... No... No.... No... this can't be true... It will be the first time I ever said it in my whole life. I didn't even say it after Blooddrunk. But Children of Bodom is now officially shit.. God. Welcome emos to the once wonderful world of Children of Bodom. Which used to do metal.

Oh my god.. I know it's just a band and I shouldn't get emotional and stuff but this just really EXTREMELY pisses me off ! I'm always looking forwar so much for their next shows, and I will have to headbang to this veincutting bitch. What the holy fuck is wrong with them ! GOD ! rgAZIRGJELIGNHLSIFGNSLDIGNSFDJGISLRJGI?SELRIJFMOSQGJPEGOJE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you called me harsh hahahahaha. :D

Reactions: ESA1996