the line up for next vinter album

rammpeth

Dec 12, 2005
ok so aesgirs not playing and the live drummer is. i think steve di giorgio will be on bass again, and mr v and mattias. thats pretty much correct right?

i wonder what he meant by mr. v going back to the older style he doesnt like so much,,i mean if steve is playing it should be at least a bit technical./

I hope steve don't leave vintersorg... i'm a bassist and visions and the focusing blur has been a challenge to play to me (with my 4 string fretless bass)

if the new record will sound a little more older, that's not a reason to steve doesn't play on it, he's a amazing bassist able to play from the most progressive style to the more brutal music (remember death, sadus, testament, etc)

Hey, Mr.V - do yourself a favour and hire Danny Carey from Tool. ^^

Okay, it's really sad to get word from Asgeirs absence on the upcoming album. He was stunning on the last two V-albums, even more than on the last two Borknagar. :(

And what's up with this new/old style? Wasn't there something like 'an artist ever evolves'? How could a step backwards be possible then?!

turns out that Steve isn't playing the new album... mr V is working with some local people, as far as i understood it...
the positive parts of this story can be that they have more time to rehearse, and to tour... fingers crossed!

KristJaeger said:
turns out that Steve isn't playing the new album... mr V is working with some local people, as far as i understood it...
the positive parts of this story can be that they have more time to rehearse, and to tour... fingers crossed!

Where did you hear this? Steve said a few days ago on his board that he is playing on the album. :ill:

i posted this up on the steve digiorgio forum as well but....i dunno,,i hope the local line up is just as good as that all star lineup he had/

@karp: check the steve forum again.

That bit on the Steve forum really confused me.
It will be worth it if he decides to tour the states though.
I have faith in his decisions.

i think mr. v wants me to play bass for him but i turned him down cause im going to start a pennywise cover band instead.. who wants in?