The Logic - Condemned To Motion

Rob Logic

yayyyyyy!
May 16, 2006
Newport News, VA
www.myspace.com
new song

Song "Condemned To Motion"

Set up for download so you don't have complete shit quality. The song is a bit on the long side so 128kbps was the highest encode I could do without going over the cap. Now for the goods...

Equipment used:

Drums - Tama Starclassic Maple kit
sm81's for overheads
sm57 on snare
akg d112 and yamaha subkick on bd
(crappy) audix mics on toms

Guitars - ESP MII / Ibanez RG 20th anniversary
Amp - Rivera Knucklehead Tre / mesa 2x12 with v30's
Maxon od808 for boost (gain at 9 o'clock and gain at 12 o'clock)
sm57 on axis
md421 off axis

Bass Ibanez 5 string
Ampeg SVT head (i look at his rig a couple times a week, can't remember the model - it has a clean and distortion channel on it, killer head tho!!)
Ampeg 8X10 cab mic'd on axis with d112

Vocals
Shure KSM condenser for cleans
MD421 for screams

Mic pre's used pretty exclusively for all tracks were mackie onyx 800r

We sound replaced the kick 100% and snare 50%. Guitars are double tracked for the most part with the exception of chorus and bridge sections we quad tracked. The song has been remixed since we posted this up (i can't stop changing shit, I guess we all know how that is) I play rhythms and played the first lead on it. I also did some of the higher vox on it. They were first take kind of things just trying harmonies and stuff with no warm up or anything so I could have done way better but for intensive purposes this is just a demo and we will probably redo vox and probably reamp again before the final version. Let us know what you think lads! I appreciate any feedback.

Rob Logic

Good stuff dude!

A couple things I noticed. The guitars don't have the crisp hi-end that they deserve, although it could be myspace compression.

And the guitars are a little high to let the drums play their part in the music.

Yeah I definitely agree with the guitars. We are going to reamp them again for the final mix and the drums have been completely remixed since then making them a lot more punchy in the mix. I had been a little silo'd by the time I had finished this mix so I wasn't really comparing it to any references. I really appreciate your feedback though. Everything I hated about this mix you were pretty much spot on with my opinion. Haha. :lol:

Yeah I definitely agree with the guitars. We are going to reamp them again for the final mix and the drums have been completely remixed since then making them a lot more punchy in the mix. I had been a little silo'd by the time I had finished this mix so I wasn't really comparing it to any references. I really appreciate your feedback though. Everything I hated about this mix you were pretty much spot on with my opinion. Haha. :lol:
Well sweet! Great work you've done. :kickass: