The Longest Year MCD

Apr 17, 2006
USA
It looks like March 15th a new 4-song MCD of The Longest Year will be out, with 3 non-album tracks! Yay!

I can't find any info on the net about it yet, but today I received an E-mail from the distro Grau in Germany, with some upcoming CDs they'll be selling. On that list was this: (in german, but I translated to English for my post)

219,506 KATATONIA - The longest year - MCD MCD 9.50 € 15 Mar 10
4 songs (3 of them were not on the album) + 2 videos.

:headbang:

great news buddy ... can't wait for those three !
and ... has anyone hear DAY AND THEN THE SHADE (FRANK DEFAULT REMIX)
I saw the DIGITAL SINGLE last day on iTunes , but I did not hear any news 'bout its release !

great news buddy ... can't wait for those three !
and ... has anyone hear DAY AND THEN THE SHADE (FRANK DEFAULT REMIX)
I saw the DIGITAL SINGLE last day on iTunes , but I did not hear any news 'bout its release !

Wow thanks for letting me know about the Day and Then the Shade single! I hadn't heard about it until now. I just downloaded the remix, and it's pretty cool! Too bad it's only a digital single as I MUCH prefer CD releases...but I'm wondering if this exclusive remix will be one of the new tracks on The Longest Year MCD. We'll see!

Three new tracks, but probably one or two of them is a remix of some album tracks. Not complaining, though.

The songs are:
1. The Longest Year
2. Sold Heart
3. Day & Then The Shade (Frank Default remix)
4. Idle Blood (acoustic)
according to this http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/katatonia/the_longest_year_ep/

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

One of the original blogs Katatonia had up about going into the studio for the recording of The Night is the New Day said they had 13 songs written for it, with only 11-12 to end up on the album. "Sold Heart" must have been the missing 13th song.

Maybe they should do the Opeth mixz of Idle Blood, and have Mikael sing it since it's practically an Opeth song anyway. Lawlz. DO IT!