The Lord of the Rings

He nailed the unexpected party / contract signing etc.
Yes! And then after that it was above average fun. Which is just fine. This second one though... woof. I'll wait to rent the third one, maybe.

I'm going to re-read the trilogy in 2014, it has been too long since I've sat down with them more than casually. And listen to more Summoning.

Yes! And then after that it was above average fun. Which is just fine. This second one though... woof. I'll wait to rent the third one, maybe.

I'm going to re-read the trilogy in 2014, it has been too long since I've sat down with them more than casually. And listen to more Summoning.

Just goes to show the average moviegoer is simply looking for different things. All I read on the first hobbit was how "boring" and slow it started. I loved how it started and was bored when all the action started. Same thing with Smaug, bored stiff by all the "action". I could probably write 10 paragraphs on all the ways Smaug sucked.

i havent seen any of the hobbit movies. saw all lotr and read all 4 books. and im sure this has been talked about repeatedly, but how is the shortest of the 4 books drawn out into three damn movies?

also, id never see kate from lost as an elf. thats crazy talk

i havent seen any of the hobbit movies. saw all lotr and read all 4 books. and im sure this has been talked about repeatedly, but how is the shortest of the 4 books drawn out into three damn movies? also, id never see kate from lost as an elf. thats crazy talk

Some is back story Tolkien offered in notes and other unpublished works. Most is Peter Jackson jerking off in the editing room while New Line throws money at him like a cheap stripper

Some is back story Tolkien offered in notes and other unpublished works. Most is Peter Jackson jerking off in the editing room while New Line throws money at him like a cheap stripper
:lol: Perfect.

Just goes to show the average moviegoer is simply looking for different things. All I read on the first hobbit was how "boring" and slow it started. I loved how it started and was bored when all the action started. Same thing with Smaug, bored stiff by all the "action". I could probably write 10 paragraphs on all the ways Smaug sucked.
30 minutes in when I realized this second film was clearly raping a good Tolkien story, I decided to just watch it as a typical big budget action flick. That really didn't improve things, because most of it was just so damn lame. The god damn Der Melted Golden Golem didn't make any sense. "KILL THE SHE-ELF!" was such a terrible line that it was included twice just to remind you of how awful it was the first time. Silvan Elves as Keystone Cops. Blah blah blah, etc.

Has anyone here watched the special feature dvds? I picked up the extended edition boxset a couple weeks ago and was wondering if the extras are worth watching. There are 9 fucking dvds of just extra material.