The Maidens On The Road

it'll take me awhile to photobucket my pics - and there's lots of stories to follow m/

I forsee many rounds of "Where in the World is______" :loco:

Welcome home everyone. Quick quiz, what day is it? :lol:

I take it no instruments took a side vacation this time?

Jim

I forsee many rounds of "Where in the World is______" :loco:

Welcome home everyone. Quick quiz, what day is it? :lol:

I take it no instruments took a side vacation this time?

Jim

today is fryday! hahah
everything came back yes - no new case nicks even. we did our own packing mostly - here's some of our crap in the closet me and heather shared on the train to istanbul:
sleepertrain_equipmentroom.jpg

^we arrived at the border and it was still night. turkish customs inspector saw the route 666 shirts in the top bin and asked if we were satanist. he then asked for a large charlotte shirt and was on his way.

this is looking down from bed:
sleepertrainlookingdown.jpg

Here's a shot of the crowd from our pov - it was held in Athens old airport inside a hangar. All the way across from our stage was the other stage - and picture all these people running between these 2 stages during the 'battle' of the bands!!! I never thought they would do it - but they did!! :lol: ( except, of course, the hard core 'I-am-not-losing-my-spot-at-the-barrier-dammit!' people! )
MMD_AUDIENCE.jpg

Here is one that our tech Chris would've been a little tense over, had he been there! :heh:
]
MMD1-1.jpg

And we stopped by the Hard Rock Cafe in Athens - look what I found!
HardRockAthens2.jpg

the bench we sat on for 8 hours waiting for the train to istanbul - did you know it bad manners in greece to put your feet up on the furniture?:
8HOURbench.jpg

our turkish promoters:
turkeypromoters.jpg

Greece was really great! The show went well and we got to meet some really cool people. We also hooked up with our friend Elena there! It would have been nice to get to know our hosts a little better but with a festival like this, they were kept pretty busy making sure everything ran smoothly. As you can imagine, Alexander went over spectacularly well there and , in my opinion, gave us a definite advantage in the contest between us and Orion.

Turkey was also a lot of fun! We made some friends there and had a great time. We hope to go back soon!

In many cultures it is bad manners (outright offensive) to expose the bottoms of your feet (shoes).

However, many of those cultures allow (encourage) belching during and after a meal. I am a minor God in those cultures!

This was taken in the subway in Istanbul... it's a different world there!
SubwayGunsIst2.jpg

The Medusa's head in the incredible Basilica Cistern ( Built in 532 A.D.):
MedusaBasCist.jpg

Mark and our Turkish friends, Onor, Gohkan and Dogu:
M-O-GG.jpg

The magnificent Blue Mosque at sunset:
BluMsqueSunset.jpg

At the top of the Acropolis in Greece ( Holy crap! That was one long hike to the top!):
TopOAcropolis_A2.jpg