The Manhattan Algorithm - Best mix I've ever done, multitracks coming soon!

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com

Hey guys, I've been writing this music for the past year. This is by far the best music I've written and the best mix I've mixed. I'd really appreciate you checking it out. The full album will be released next Tuesday, and along with it I'll put up all the multitracks for this song - my mixed stems AND the raw tracks.

If you like it, check out my bandpage to get updates on the rest of the album+multitracks, but I'll be posting here anyway because I love you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
After hearing the guitar riffs, this was not the type of singing I was expecting. Sounds a bit too weird the guitar on one side, synths in the other. Othewise, mix sounds good.

I have to agree with Nuno Filipe. The guitar on one side and the synth on the other is a little irritating at first. But your guitars sound magnificent. What did you use for them?

The synth/guitar thing is a bit weird at first, but I think you get used to it pretty fast. Listen to the whole album on Tuesday and see if you feel the same way ;p

Guitars are amp sims! TSE808 -> Lecto -> FRMS4x12 impulse.

EP is out @ http://themanhattanalgorithm.bandcamp.com! There's 3 more songs, slightly different mixes - different guitars on each, but run through the same chain, just different EQ. Should give you a good idea how much the guitar itself matters in the chain.

Or you can stream them here:

Totally happy to answer any more questions about the production, and I'll put up some multitracks for you guys to check out very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick song and production man! I'm honestly digging the guitar/synth combination, gives the band a distinct identity. Any info on the synth used on the tracks? I was also wondering if the multitracks are already uploaded? Would love to try my hand at this kind of music.

Clean vocals are definitely great. Lose the cookie monster vocals man- don't get sucked into the singy-screamy tornado- it's getting so old. They sound very silly with your fantastically executed clean vocals (all IMO).

I'm also not digging the guitar/synth split left and right, but not because of the idea of it; I think it's that the panning is too hard on the guitar. I would do either a reverb or delay with zero feedback and a hair of delay time and get it panned somewhere close to hard left to widen/thicken out the guitars.

Cool material. It's nice to hear your project come to fruition \m/